Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that some of you could post photos of the brake line system.. My car is a 1960 spider and I purchased the car in pieces. I have a pretty good idea from the parts book, but would love to see photos of the entire system. This would help me identify how the lines are secured to the body and the route the lines run.. and of course which line goes where!

thanks so much!

Todd

·
Registered
127 Posts
HUD, great question! I re-made all the lines on my car to match what was there (mostly original), so - I'm sure there are people on here with much better looking and original lines that can help those of us in the rust belt. If not, PM me and I'll send some pictures of mine, which is functional if not pretty.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mach5rider,

I'm hoping for some nice photos!!

Most of my lines can be re-plated and used again...however, I will need to make a few.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mach5rider,

thanks! I remember that post!

really just anything as far as photos...Oh well...maybe somebody will help out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm bumping this thread because I'm with HUD in that I'd like to see some brake lines on some of the beautiful 750 cars on this board! So, if anybody has a nice set of brake lines and doesn't mind taking some shots to help another out, that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah,,,,,..come on guys....somebody has to have some nice pics to show off their 750 and 101 brake lines!!!!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Photo aren't really that simple... It's like taking picture of an ant farm to tell me how I can do it.. Go see a finished car in your neighborhood. Two eyes are better than 30 photos. The rear is easy :three way union on the left axle tube stud at the pumpkin at two o'clock; axle tubes have tabs on the back side for the hard lines. one flex line in the middle. Main line follows the tunnel in the same place the fuel line and harness is. It follows the front firewall beam underneath to the other union bolted under that beam next to the master. It's a captive hole in the beam for that union. You'll find it. It's pretty obvious where the flex lines are in front...sorry, best i can do.

·
Registered
127 Posts
divotandtralee, I understand your point. If a particular section of line is of interest then the OP needs to specify that.

My request has more to do with showing off the under car artwork that someone has gone to great length to create (don't ask me how I know). That's what I enjoy about the AlfaBB, members are willing and it often seems excited to show off their pieces of automotive art - even in areas that aren't covered in chrome and 7 layers of clearcoat.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
divotandtralee, I understand your point. If a particular section of line is of interest then the OP needs to specify that.

My request has more to do with showing off the under car artwork that someone has gone to great length to create (don't ask me how I know). That's what I enjoy about the AlfaBB, members are willing and it often seems excited to show off their pieces of automotive art - even in areas that aren't covered in chrome and 7 layers of clearcoat.
Unfortunately , I have no heart for that kind of art.. anyone can gold plate the lines and fittings and braided flex lines and all that crap. The factory didn't consider it art. Capturing the essence of the car as it left the factory is more important to me and I have judged cars at many Concours with that in mind. The extent of their art work was weld in some steel tabs to bend over to hold everything steady so it wouldn't vibrate and fall off. Their methods are harder to copy and just as satisfying to me. I guess in a nutshelll, I can't help, but I am sure there is support here for your needs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
divotandtralee, I agree with you 100%. I'm all for matching what the factory did. Even better, I'd like to see it as it left the factory! Either way, somebody had to take the time to create it.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Your point is well received.. I know you guys want it right but right sometimes comes naturally..start bending lines and mocking up where "they" would have put them ... I spend most of my adult life on a cold concrete floor staring aimlessly at schit that is out of focus because my bi-focals don't have a focal length shorter than my big nose; dimly lit; and crumbling debris raining into my eyes.. I don't have a lift, or even a frigging creeper nor even a compressor yet I find ways to get it right. Persevere, dear boy. Someone with at least a lift will help you... Now I have to go get this 4 year old project ready for Lexington. Ciao

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the words of wisdom - and for all the technical info that I have gained from this site, its people like you that make it possible for people like me to get my Alfa back on the road. Makes me appreciate my creeper

·
Registered
127 Posts
Go Bucks is right! Who would've known there were so many Alfa lovers in Ohio - I've been going to car shows all over Ohio and never seen a 750 or 101. Turns out they're all on the internet...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Emails me {[email protected]} We have taken a lot of this type of photo, but I don't have time to re-size them all to put on the BB. I'll send you a bunch of them and take more if you want a specific area. You can post them to the thread, if you like.
KG

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kieth has sent me some fantastic photos of the underside of a beautiful red Veloce he's working on. And even better, he allowed me to post them in this thread for you all to view! Looks like some really clean work under there. Great work Kieth, gives me something to aspire to.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here are some more photos from Kieth, did I mention he was great to deal with and based on the pictures builds some fantastic cars. The original car is a 1960 Normale and the distribution block is from a parts car. There are many more that I have already resized, let me know if anyone else is interested in seeing them posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Mach5rider,

thanks for posting..Keith had also sent me these photos and you beat me to it!

Thanks again Keith!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts