Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Giulietta Spider 101 Race Car Coil Springs

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ronsbackyard 
#1 ·
I have a 1959 Spider Veloce which I vintage race. The front and rear coil springs are an unknown quantity and came with the car I do know that they are shorter than the stock Spider Veloce springs by measuring them and comparing to the specs in the shop manual.

My intent is to run Koni Classic adjustable shocks. (if thats the right choice)

Can anyone advise where I could obtain a set of springs which are suitable for a race setup (I saw the Centerline ones but they are described as fast road) also if there is a recommended spring/shock combination for the track. And if so who can supply.

Many Thanks

Rick

#2 ·
I installed the Centerline springs on my '59 Spider race car. They work great! IIRC the fronts are 540, the rears 150. They keep the car nice and flat. Paul Glynn recommended them. I put the Koni Classics on, as well. Got them from Shox.com. Spax are the other choice, but are impossible to get.

P.S. My avatar above is before the new springs and shocks.

#3 ·
spax shocks

I have a set on my giulietta

The first thing i did was e-mail spax in the uk. They dont ship to the us so they gave me the part #s [g280 & g281]

I called british american transfer [bat inc] in fla.and gave them the part #s

It took a few weeks but all is well

as an aside..........bat does,nt know alfa,s so do your homework because when they ship, there yours...no refunds

The part #s may have changed and no dought the price [$119 each]

b.a.t. 941-355-0005

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.