Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all Alfa Owners!
I have been driving my new (to me) 2011 Giulietta which has 25ks on the clock. I love it so far but I am slightly distracted by the noise the engine makes. It seems to have a slight whirring noise which occurs when revving slightly in neutral and also when driving up to about 2000 revs. Then it disappears or is drowned out by road and other noise. Its a minor noise which I cannot decide if it is normal or something not so good. I took it back to my Local Alfa Dealer. They reported back that they tried it next to another Giulietta and it sounded similar, but I was not there to hear it myself. It could be nothing but I wondered if any other Giulietta owner had a similar experience? The noise sounds like maybe a worn drive belt or a slightly blowing exhaust but the dealer say they did a complete visual health check and found nothing wrong. I haven't owned an Alfa before so want to see if anyone has the same issue or if its one of their quirks!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I can't see on your profile where you live but will suggest that you place your question on The site for Alfa Romeo Owners which is an UK based Alfa forum with lots of Giulietta owners.
I know the 1,4 Turbo petrol (gas) engine and have done 120k km with it. I haven't heard any whirring noises jet. At about 70k km I had the tooth belt for the cams changed (needs changed every 4 year and 80k km).
The 1,4 Multi Jet engines have had some problems with the valve gear, but don't know if that gives whirring noises.
The diesel engines have been in production for many years and seems to be very robust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts