Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a competitor on this year's Mille Miglia in a grigio chiarissimo (light grey) Giulietta Sprint, number 351. If anybody was on the event and they took photos of my car I would like to hear from you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Please, I am very interested in seeing your car. My '58 Sprint was originally the same color, grigio chiarissimo. I'm contemplating whether or not to paint it the original color or something else, albeit period correct. Thank you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Unfortunately, my schedule won't allow me to visit London anytime soon. How about posting a picture of your car? That would be very insightful. Thank you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Interesting colour. I was contemplating painting my Sprint either Biarritz Blue or the original Grigio Chiarissimo. I had in my mind that the Grigio Chiarissimo was more white with a gray tint. But, now that I see a picture it's a nice light gray. Since I have a complete, all original, numbers-matching Sprint, I believe it should be painted in it's original colour and not a period-correct colour. Thank you for the picture.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Len, the colour is hard to photograph accurately, and it can look anything from almost white to pale blue in pictures. I will try to post clear pictures on here in the next day or two. In the meantime, thanks Greig for your post, and zzarchi.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry to change subjects within a thread, but in your picture of Sprint 351, why are the fog lamps different? Is one a high beam and the other a fog lamp? By the way, that's a gorgeous looking Sprint!

·
Administrator
3,804 Posts
One fog and one spot light was common practice back in the '50's

I'm curious about the "007" disappearing and reappearing front number plate :D:D:D

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Zzarchi, can you direct me to the web site you found the photo of the car in Brescia (with front number plate still attached)? Thanks very much,

Graham.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts