Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two race-prepped Normale manifolds and carbs I got a couple years ago:
• 750 manifold, ports are 32mm wide x 30mm tall, slight porting to head end. Carb 35APAIG with 24 mm throats, stock pretty much I’d say. This probably would be OK on a street car.
• 101 manifold, ports are 32mm wide x 31mm tall, more porting to head end, and extensive porting at the carb end to match the modded carb. Carb 35APAIG, base ported and widened, 33mm venturis, “flapper valve” removed and smoothed over with epoxy or JB weld. Primary butterfly is curved, fits really well, throat bottoms are quire revised. Looks like pro work. This one likely has little vaccum, poor idle, and no bottom end, what with the straight venturis, so count this as a race setup.

750 carb includes the screen, but I'm keeping the clamp.
I have not driven or run either one. I bought them when I had two single-carb cars, now have none. I think I paid $275 for the pair, so I'd hope to sell in that ballpark if I can. Would like to keep each carb with its matching manifold. Will sell together or separately. They're relatively heavy; will change actual shipping cost, or pick up in Berkeley.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
750 is sold. 101 is allegedly sold on ebay, though the buyer appears to be a flake.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The prepped 101 Solex carb and manifold are available after ebay flake if anyone's interested. I'd call this a race-only carb with 33mm throats, no neck-down in the venturis to speak of, a radically altered bottom of the carb and matching top of the manifold to create better airflow; the "bridge" between the throats is significantly cut away. Track or very serious street car. See further pics. $125/BO plus shipping or pick up in Berkeley or SF.
Andrew

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts