Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Hello to everybody,

Sorry for not writing for so long, but my idea was to write when the fobs where nicely finished and ready to be shown to you. Unfortunately fobs are not ready yet, but I will give you an update nevertheless.
Last time I wrote was before making the die for the Alfa Romeo logo and then printing the logo on the leather. Well, the die was made (see image attached) and printed on the pre-cut leather. But the result was not very good (see attached image).

The reason why the result was not very good seemed to be the leather, too rigid. So I looked for a softer leather, I found it and tried to print the logo on a sample (see attached image with the date 26/06/2016).

The result on the softer leather is better, so now I am trying to get the softer leather in the right color (the sample as you can see was light grey), cut it pr,int the logo, and so on.

I will keep you updated.

Carlo

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hello to everybody,

Sorry for not giving you any updates for so long, but in the last months I did not have much time to work on the project.

The last news are that I had to restart from the begin...

In fact the results, shown on my last post, were not very good: the Alfa Logo was printed on the leather very badly.

The reason of the bad printing should be the die which I had made, which is not very good for printing on leather, so I had to start finding another company for making a new die. Now I think I found one.

Meanwhile I searched for some other leather (all the leather I had, already cut in the shape of the fob, now is covered with ugly Alfa logos printed on them, so I have to throw them away), but I have not found good leather yet.

Nevertheless I am keeping on the project and I will not give up until I finish.

Carlo

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hello,

some updates: I had a new Alfa logo die made and made some trials with this new die. Results are better than the old one, see attachments.

The project is still going on!!!

Carlo

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Hello to everybody,

Sorry for not writing to you for long, but my project is still running. I am searching for the correct leather to print the Alfa logo on.

Soon I will be able to show you the results. I hope you will be patient and wait until then.

Ricardo key fob is another project, which has nothing in common with mine. My project started because I wanted to recreate the key fob for me, but having some of you expressed the desire to have one, I had a mold done (twice) and look for more leather to make some more key fobs also for you. Without commercial purposes.

Carlo

·
Registered
160 Posts
... Without commercial purposes.

Carlo
Carlo,

Just one question, Were you planning to give away your key fobs?

I am not doing the big business here. I reproduced an old key fob for my personal use and found that the minimum quantity to get one for me was 15. I will keep 3 for me and 12 were offered to cover the production cost. Small batches of anything implies big costs.

Sorry to be able to produce something that you have been trying to do for more than two years.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Carlo's artwork different from Ricardo's?

So, when both are complete, won't there will be two options from which to choose?

A win-win; right?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Hijacked

Hello to everybody,

Sorry for not writing to you for long, but my project is still running. I am searching for the correct leather to print the Alfa logo on.

Soon I will be able to show you the results. I hope you will be patient and wait until then.

Ricardo key fob is another project, which has nothing in common with mine. My project started because I wanted to recreate the key fob for me, but having some of you expressed the desire to have one, I had a mold done (twice) and look for more leather to make some more key fobs also for you. Without commercial purposes.

Carlo
Hi Carlo, It looks to me like your blog (project) got hijacked by Ricardo? Instead of offering to add support and information to your project, he has taken over and selling his product on this blog. Seems a little unfair and underhanded to me. Just my 50 cents worth.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi Carlo, It looks to me like your blog (project) got hijacked by Ricardo? Instead of offering to add support and information to your project, he has taken over and selling his product on this blog. Seems a little unfair and underhanded to me. Just my 50 cents worth.
I agree >:)
But it is also true that if you don't speed up things, it becomes difficult to prevent this kind of intrusion :sneaky2:

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I agree >:)
But it is also true that if you don't speed up things, it becomes difficult to prevent this kind of intrusion :sneaky2:
yeah, I guess it has been 7 years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Carlo's artwork different from Ricardo's?
So, when both are complete, won't there will be two options from which to choose?
A win-win; right?
Hi Raimondo,

Thanks for your comments but considering Carlo´s exclusivity on the reproduction of the key fobs. I will not sell the 10 remaining fobs that I have. I am now the happy owner of 13 Alfa Romeo reproduction key fobs.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
As my basket-case 64 Giulia Spider didn't even have any original keys, much less, key fobs, I wonder when did Alfa discontinue providing fobs for purchasers? Someone has to know this with all the original owners on the BB.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts