Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Key Fob, etc.

It would probably be advisable to ask FCA for permission to stamp the AR logo onto anything that will be sold to others. I assume it's copyrighted. Just sayin'.

Also, the leather folder is very nice, but was the original really leather, not just embossed plastic? Certainly the hardbound manual is gilding the lily beyond what came out of Portello, too. And, my 64 1600 Spider has a little pocket near the passenger's knee that I think was intended to hold the manual (although it is too small for that). If the pocket was really intended for the manual, why doesn't my manual fit? And if not so intended, what's it for? And if so intended, I guess the pouch would have been superfluous for models that had the pocket.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
There might have been a booklet of service coupons that would fit.

Each page had a list of services that needed to be done at each mileage stage and the booklet was smaller that the manual.

Maybe? Long time ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So how are things with reproducing the key fob?

Best regards,
Tom

·
Registered
236 Posts
key fob

Hi
I am interested also,please keep me posted.

Thanks
Pino

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought a very similar key pouch on ebay a couple of years ago.
I had no idea that it was the same design as the one shown in the postings (obviously without the embossed logo).

I bought it for my 1965 Mercedes.

I'm going to look on ebay now to see if they are still available

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hello,

Thanks a lot to George and Divotandtralee for the big help and suggestions on dimensions. Attached the new drawing with revised dimensions. I will start cutting the leather in the next days.

I will try to clarify also the question on copyright.

If you have some other suggestions, they are welcome.

Carlo

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Hello,

Thanks a lot to George and Divotandtralee for the big help and suggestions on dimensions. Attached the new drawing with revised dimensions. I will start cutting the leather in the next days.

I will try to clarify also the question on copyright.

If you have some other suggestions, they are welcome.

Carlo
Carlo, I can do better.. I'll mail it to you FEDEX.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Carlo, It's on the big bird.. FED EX tracking number 780916843520..

Will arrive Monday and you will not have to sign for it.

I sent the original and the copy Tony made. His is too stiff and thick and probably required another step in the process to sand down the back to the proper thickness which would have resulted in a smoother finish and made it more supple and the logo is not correct per the original...he must have preferred his own interpretation. He used the original for a model.

Have fun.. or as we say.. "knock yourself out".. no way to say in Italian. Uncle

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just a small update on this: received last month key fob from Richard (thanks a lot again), mine was smaller so I updated the drawing, see attachment.

Also the leather was a bit different, mine was softer so I made it harder. I think next week I will send the leather to be cut.

Carlo

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Hello,

Here attached an image showing the new fob just cut next to Richard's.

Now I need to have the pins machined and add the Alfa logo: I would like to use the logo with the writing Alfa Romeo Milano, logo diameter 22mm, printed on the back side of the fob, in gold color. So slightly different from Richard's, which does not have the wrinting Alfa Romeo Milano, has a diameter of 20 and is on the front side of the fob.

If someone has any suggestions, they are welcome.

Carlo

Attachments

21 - 40 of 145 Posts