Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking of trying to reproduce Giulietta key fob (see picture). So, could anyone who owns one, post some pictures of it, especially of the internal part and details?

Thanks a lot

Carlo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I have one and the leather folder. I will take a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It would not be too much of a stretch to have the leather folder reproduced as well to complete the set. If you're gauging interest, I'd be interested in a high quality set of both.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Tony Ranson (RIP) in Hertfordshire commissioned these as well as the manual pouch. Perhaps someone closer in the UK would be familiar with what he did with them before he passed.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
The attached photos are for the key fob that presumably came with my 1960 Giulietta Berlina when it was new. In addition to the Alfa logo, the name of the dealer is embossed in gold, and it is the same as on the dealer plaque on the trunk lid. The dealer was in Rome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Leather key fob and Owners book envelope/ Special Edition

Here are some photos of the Leather key fob and Owners book envelope/ Special Edition I purchase years ago from Tony Ranson.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Leather key fob and Owners book envelope/ Special Edition -- Part 2

More photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Tony's reproductions were very accurate with this caveat.. The material (pigskin) was very heavy and stiff compared to the original.. maybe 50%-100% thicker.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,

Thank-you very much to George and Bob Cess for the pictures, and thank-you very much to Bob, Divotandtralee and Tony for partecipating to the discussion.

My intention in to reproduce the one shown by George. It will talke me some time to do it as I have to find the right leather (luckily I have an original pouch to copy the leather from) and hardware and then find a way to stamp the Alfa Romeo logo on it.

But, if the result will be acceptable, I will show it to you.

Carlo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carlo,
Great project! I'll be interested in buying one when they're available.
JohnD
Wayland, MA USA
1958 Giulietta Spider Veloce

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
The photo at the start of this thread is one that I posted a while back. The paraphernalia comes from my January 1959 Spider, sold new in Chicago. The key fob is leather, the pouch is vinyl.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello George,

I made a sketch of the key fob, see attachment. Please, can you have a quick look at it and compare it to your original key fob? The most important dimensions are those higher.

Thanks for the help.

Carlo

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello,

for all who showed some interest in it, here attached is the very first prototype. The logo is in red (final one will be in gold) and upside-down and I think overall dimensions need to be increased (dimensions are shown in the attachment of the post just before the current one).

Please comment and suggest improvements, so that the next ones will be closer to the original ones.

Thanks

Carlo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Hello George,

I made a sketch of the key fob, see attachment. Please, can you have a quick look at it and compare it to your original key fob? The most important dimensions are those higher.

Thanks for the help.

Carlo
Hi Carlo, Sorry didn't continue to follow the blog, I had been away on vacation. Your pretty close on dinensions. Mine measures 45mm at the widest (you have 42mm, and 39 an the nararrower tapered end is correct. Foe the length I have 74mm, (you have 70mm)

1 - 20 of 145 Posts