Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would some one on the list please take a picture of the back of the seat bottom. I need to see where the seat back meets the seat bottom. Does the adjusting bolt hit the seat on the covering or is there a metal spot that the adjusting screw hits ?
Thank you.
Pat

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
My Spider came to me a year ago in very good condition.

Sorry, but I can't do a picture, but the back of the bottom has chrome(?) metal tabs about 3/4 inch wide, with about an inch long part facing forward. The tab is folded in half such that it clamps to the seat bottom, with both halves facing forward. The top side receives the adjusting bolt.

The adjusting bolt screws into a threaded hole in the bottom edge of the back. It is obscured by vinyl so I haven't seen it directly. A locking nut is tightened to the seat back part, with the head resting on the bottom tab.

Simpler than my description, and works well.:)

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
PS.... My sweetie took me out to a v. nice place for my birthday dinner and I have just got back.:):)

Sometime tomorrow I will check it out to make sure my recollection is accurate.:)

·
Super Moderator
11,388 Posts
Pat,
If you still need photos, send me a PM.
Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Pat here is the information you are looking for. This is from my original seat showing the bolt and the seating platform for the bolt.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giulietta/Giulia seat question

Thank you, Christopher, for the picture and also to Raymond for your offer. Chris's picture shows me just what I needed to know. I will take it from here.
Regards to all.
pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts