Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1963 Giulia....I have come to terms that I m never going to be able to get another Alfa restoration finished. I have a completely restored 59-60 Giulietta and in the middle of a 1966 912. I am looking for advice on listing the car, it is complete but motor out and needs complete restoration. I have many pictures and can provide any information needed. Suggestions on where to list and possible value would be great help. Rob M

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,788 Posts
I think I get it:

• You have an unfinished '63 Giulia normale. This is the car you'd like some advice on how to sell and a valuation based on seven pictures.
  • You have a finished Giulietta built in the '59-60 timeframe. Looks like you did a very nice job restoring that car. Not clear if you're trying to sell this one as well.
  • You also have a Porsche 912, but we don't discuss that sort of thing here.
Am I on the right track? If so, here are a few random thoughts:

It's can be difficult to sell an incomplete, partially-disassembled car. Is Endwell, New York near a population center, which would expose the car to a larger group of prospective, in-person buyers? If not, you'll need lots of photos to attract interest over the Internet. Listing it here is a good way to reach Alfa enthusiasts, but many of these people will be scattered around the world and unlikely to transport a project car back to Australia (or wherever) - still, advertising it here would be a good start. You might try the Hagerty valuation site to get a rough idea of what '63 Giulia normales are selling for, though their price ranges don't extend down to disassembled cars. See: Choose a year | Hagerty Valuation Tool®

Reactions: Barn101

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I am biased but your Giulietta is quite nice. It would be hard to do two in a row, a 912 would be a fun distraction. That said, Bring a trailer would be interesting. They often get grief here but a " project" might go well in these current times. We all have spare time.... I have never used BaT but watch them often for sport.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Maybe try the cars for sale forum here first with a ball park price. Sometimes unintended feelings get hurt asking for offers without a price idea. Looks like a good base for someone to enjoy a driver without getting buried on a full restoration.

I’ve sold a few finished cars on eBay with success, but it sounds like the Bring a Trailer followers here draw a lot more serious of a car guy crowd. You have some nice cars. Good luck, now that I think we’ve figured out your plan.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the responses, yes just the Gulia I would like to sell and some of my spare part collection. A few years back it was a lot of ebay and I admit I haven't been following since my Giulietta has been finished so your advice is helpful. I am close to Binghamton NY which is 150 - 200 miles from NYC, Boston, Buffalo/Toronto, Philadelphia and a cross road for several major North East Interstates. 81, 88 , 86, 17 so easy access for the North East and Mid Atlantic.
I will look in to the BAT site it was mentioned by some local collectors, also and if I can come up with a fair value maybe the ABB will be worth a try. I will get it out the corner of my garage and blow off the dust and get lots of pictures. Rob Mack

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,788 Posts
Bring a trailer would be interesting. They often get grief here but a " project" might go well in these current times. We all have spare time....
I intentionally omitted BaT from my list of suggestions. Not that I'm mad at them, or don't like the snarky comments their listings bring. I just suspect that BaT would turn their nose up at a disassembled, project, Giulia normale (if you had a Ferrari or Porsche it might be a different story). But sure, it can't hurt to inquire.

APMALFA said:
if I can come up with a fair value maybe the ABB will be worth a try.
My sense about project car valuations is that it is futile to try coming up with an exact price. For original restorations (like your Giulietta) there is a lot of auction data that can be used to establish a narrow price range. But with projects, a LOT depends on finding that one buyer who has the motivation to take on the challenge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.