Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an original front coil spring compressor(or part of one).
If you have one that is of no need for you anymore..PM me i am seriously interested and will pay up..
Hervé

·
Administrator
3,814 Posts
Hi Hervé

The rest of us generally use two lengths of 10mm threaded rod between the A arms, recently a friend used a length of 14mm in place of the shock absorber with the two 10mm rods in the A arm holes to guide the lower pan & spring into place.

In 22 years of Giulietta's, I've never heard of an original tool for sale.

I have an engineering friend who likes to make good copies of OE tools - would you like me to ask him if he would make a copy of the Factory tool & what his price would be ??

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Creig
The story goes.. my good friend Rich use to have one for many years in his shop. He lent it to me when i restored my two 2600 alfa spiders. Last time i used it we hung it in his shop in Vallejo ca.where it always had been... someone help himself to it without asking..and it has disappeared ..call it stolen..or borrowed without any intentions of returning it...
So since he has been so nice to me over the years..i was hoping we could find an original one to make up for the lost one.. Ask your friend what it would cost to reproduce it..i can provide pictures(I think some where posted on the BB)
Regards
Hervé

1 - 4 of 4 Posts