Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Giulietta Door Panel Inserts

6K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Chi Si Dici 
#1 ·
After years of searching, I have finally found a very good source who produce the "metallic looking" perforated insert for door and window cranks for the interior door panels of Giulietta Sprints. Take a look at my pictures......let me know who is interested.

Thanks,
Carm

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Carm that's the closest I've seen in 23 years of looking.

My originals are an embossed vinyl in a small cross-hatched pattern with a shiny silver surface. I have them in our Ti, but could use a set for the '61 Sprint.

Ciao
Greig

#5 ·
Thanks Carm !!

Alex the silver cross-hatch vinyl insert was used on the Series II door panels from mid '58 to the introduction of the Giulia Sprint in '62.

Worth getting as a hedge to Sprint ownership, I've got a few items on the shelf like this. Cost upfront is peanuts when you need it & it's NLA......

Ciao
Greig

#8 ·
Let's see how many guys want it, that way I can figure out how much is needed and cost. In the meantime, those that would like to have some, please send me an e-mail with your shipping address so that I know how to contact you without waiting.

carm@lskarchitects.com

Carm

#12 ·
Guys, send me a note on my e-mail carm@lskarchitects.com

I need your mailing address. I'm asking $75 per set + $25 for putting in tubes and shipping. Shipping cost will remain the same with multiple orders.

My paypal address is same as one above.

Thanks,
Carm

#13 ·
Can you define what a 'set' is? I would expect to see enough material to allow for overlaps at the back. It will also be relevant if the material is best presented on the bias of the textured 'weave' pattern.

#14 ·
A "Set" meaning (2) pieces, one for each door panel. The material would allow approx. 2" of additional material per the area shown above on my picture. So if the dimensions from most outer points in a rectangular area are say 12" (left to right) and 7" (top to bottom), one would receive (2) pieces of material approx. 16" x 11".

Carm

#18 ·
Hey guys.....I just installed the new panel insert material on my 1960 Giulietta Sprint. I'm posting a few pics so that you can see how nice the material looks.

Attachments

#23 ·
I don't believe that Alfa would go thru the trouble of making two types of materials for the same use on the same cars. Attached is a picture of the material used on my 1960 Giulietta Sprint sold in Italy and the new material installed on the same car. We used a bit of padding under the new material so that material would not crease as the original did. Choice is personal, but material is as close as you'll find anywhere.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.