Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of searching, I have finally found a very good source who produce the "metallic looking" perforated insert for door and window cranks for the interior door panels of Giulietta Sprints. Take a look at my pictures......let me know who is interested.

Thanks,
Carm

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,812 Posts
Carm that's the closest I've seen in 23 years of looking.

My originals are an embossed vinyl in a small cross-hatched pattern with a shiny silver surface. I have them in our Ti, but could use a set for the '61 Sprint.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Carm,

Knowing how impossible this material is to find, and on the basis that I will (inevitably) need some when I graduate to 750/101 ownership, I would like some too.

Alex.

·
Administrator
3,812 Posts
Thanks Carm !!

Alex the silver cross-hatch vinyl insert was used on the Series II door panels from mid '58 to the introduction of the Giulia Sprint in '62.

Worth getting as a hedge to Sprint ownership, I've got a few items on the shelf like this. Cost upfront is peanuts when you need it & it's NLA......

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's see how many guys want it, that way I can figure out how much is needed and cost. In the meantime, those that would like to have some, please send me an e-mail with your shipping address so that I know how to contact you without waiting.

[email protected]

Carm

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, send me a note on my e-mail [email protected]

I need your mailing address. I'm asking $75 per set + $25 for putting in tubes and shipping. Shipping cost will remain the same with multiple orders.

My paypal address is same as one above.

Thanks,
Carm

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Can you define what a 'set' is? I would expect to see enough material to allow for overlaps at the back. It will also be relevant if the material is best presented on the bias of the textured 'weave' pattern.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A "Set" meaning (2) pieces, one for each door panel. The material would allow approx. 2" of additional material per the area shown above on my picture. So if the dimensions from most outer points in a rectangular area are say 12" (left to right) and 7" (top to bottom), one would receive (2) pieces of material approx. 16" x 11".

Carm

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hello Carm,

thanks again for making this material available and for sending it to Germany. Very nice!

Sig

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are welcome, Sig! I'm happy you liked it. Like I said, I haven't seen anything better in years.

I have a few yards left if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys.....I just installed the new panel insert material on my 1960 Giulietta Sprint. I'm posting a few pics so that you can see how nice the material looks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts