Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Giulietta door opener mechanism - I need it for my SS but I believe Sprints use the same part. In fact, in my parts book, it's not there for the SS but is in the Sprint section.

Giulietta Body and Interior Part manual, Table 33, item(22),
part number 101.02.55.020.00 for the RH door.

I've got three left ones, but no rights. Somewhere in the world is the person with 3 rights and a left.

If you're looking at one and wondering whether it's left or right - then imagine yourself in the passenger seat, it's attached to the Right Side door, with the handle in your hand - the lever should "spring" forwards - ie. it moves forward but doesn't stay there - BUT, click rearwards (to lock, in other words) and stay there.

Here's a picture of a LH side one - not easy to tell the difference just looking at them - thanks for any help or leads.

-Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yes I saw that - for now the 40euro for shipping to the USA is putting me off.

-Richard

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I will send you a PM when I find door handle mechanism. I was looking and found some door mechanism, but have to look through my parts.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Do you have a 750 SS or 101 SS because the mechanism looks like a 750 type. I have 101 type mechanism and the door handles are attached using screw and not a steel pin.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a 750 SS or 101 SS because the mechanism looks like a 750 type. I have 101 type mechanism and the door handles are attached using screw and not a steel pin.
It's a 101SS. But pretty much all SS were 101s except for some much rarer low-nose models. But the internals of the door varied quite a lot. These triangular pieces bolt to the inside of the inner door-skin on my car, whereas on others the same part was bolted to the window winder mechanism.

You said "the door handles are attached using screw and not a steel pin" - yes that's what I have on the left door - just M6 screws through a hole in the inner skin that thread into tapped holes in this triangular mechanism - so I think the 101 part matches what I need?

-Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts