Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cart for that fits 101 Giuliettas in the garden - free to anyone who wants to come and pick it up.

It was built by Bill Gillham when he did the body on my 101 1300 Giulietta SS - it bolts to the rear swingarm body pickup points, which I believe are universal for all 101s (not sure about 750, but maybe) - then at the front just rests under the chassis rails either side of the oilpan - therefore should slide up and down there depending on wheelbase for Sprint/Spider/SS etc.

It has high quality 6" casters with solid rubber tires, 2 swivel and 2 fixed. Also beefy shackles for strapping down to trailers etc.

It has gone slightly rusty but was painted with Rustoleum "red oxide" paint so that's sort of its natural color. It's definitely just surface rust and the cart is very solid. It's just a bodyshop-style cart of course, but I fitted the front suspension, engine bay components, dashboard, wiring loom etc while it was on this cart.

Obviously we're all stuck at home right now, but just putting it out there to see if there's any interest.

thanks,

-Richard

cart3.jpg
cart2.jpg
cart1.jpg
cart3.jpg
cart2.jpg
cart1.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No idea why photos are repeating - I only inserted them once.
-Richard

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh dear, sorry - I never got a notification about this.
YES! it's still available. I'm near Santa Cruz in California.

-Richard
I thought Bill's work looked familiar... Sadly I am in Virginia on the East Coast. I guess I could use the pictures to reverse engineer one...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could measure it if that would be useful - PM me if so.

Come and get it Bay Area folks! don't make me cut it up to make a sundial.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting design--any photos of the body on the dolly, the attachment points?
I've looked around and, no, not really - nothing that shows how it attaches. The only tricky part is the rear trailing arm-body mounting points which have to be accurate. But at the front it just sits under the rails and can slide up and down depending on wheelbase. Then clamps there with a couple of plates.

I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
But at the front it just sits under the rails and can slide up and down depending on wheelbase. Then clamps there with a couple of plates.
Do you mean that the front of the cart sits on the front frame where the lower a arms bolt up to? Or the frame rails underneath the floor pans?

·
Premium Member
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
26 Posts
Any chance you have a drawing, pdf? Would be great to have a DIY cart design on this forum for those about to venture into a rebuild.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts