Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know what make/s of car radio were offered as optional extras (if any) for the Giulietta range, particularly the spider. I imagine with radio cut-outs provided on the dashboards, radios would have been available either from the factory or from dealers. Also, any ideas on where the speaker console would have been mounted on a spider - I am assuming it would have been tucked up under the dash somewhere out of sight, but any detailed info. or photos would be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Radios were either dealer or owner installed.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Actually, another thread about factory options for Giuliettas listed a base radio and a premium radio from the factory.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I found an Autovox RA 146 radio (italien brand) in my many owners and not at all original ´62, 1600 Sprint project and when checked out, it to my surprise matched the same year, ´62.

Dennis

·
Administrator
4,063 Posts
Dealers offered two different radio's in '59, offhand I can't remember the brands, but they are in the accessories catalogue, I'll have a look when I'm home. For the Sprint, a radio escutcheon plate was available which was the same shape as the original radio blanking plate, with a stamped edge.

Ciao
Greig

·
Administrator
4,063 Posts
From the Accessories catalogue for Sprints dated 1957
Autovox RA 49/10
Autovox RA 23
Becker type medium length wave
Becker type medium and short length waves

From the June '57 Price list in Lira
Autovox RA 49/10 - 52000 Lira, Installed - 11710
Autovox RA 23 - 70000, Installed 11710
Becker Brescia (type medium length wave) 108510, installed 11710
Becker Brescia (type medium and short length waves) 132890 Lira, installed 1900

Electric Autovox antenna 23000 Lira

For a truly excellent copy of the Accessories Catalogue, contact Philip Leemans on this board, or PM me and I'll give you Philip's email address.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From the Accessories catalogue for Sprints dated 1957
Autovox RA 49/10
Autovox RA 23
Becker type medium length wave
Becker type medium and short length waves

From the June '57 Price list in Lira
Autovox RA 49/10 - 52000 Lira, Installed - 11710
Autovox RA 23 - 70000, Installed 11710
Becker Brescia (type medium length wave) 108510, installed 11710
Becker Brescia (type medium and short length waves) 132890 Lira, installed 1900

Electric Autovox antenna 23000 Lira

For a truly excellent copy of the Accessories Catalogue, contact Philip Leemans on this board, or PM me and I'll give you Philip's email address.

Ciao
Greig
Hi Greig,

Thanks for the info. on the Giulietta radios - mine's a Spider but I imagine the radios available for the Sprints were probably also common to the Spiders. Could you e-mail me Philip Leemans e-mail address as I would love to obtain a copy of the Accessories Catalogue for the Giuliettas/ Thanks for all your help. Regards, Roger ([email protected]).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Greig,

Thanks for the info. on the Giulietta radios - mine's a Spider but I imagine the radios available for the Sprints were probably also common to the Spiders. Could you e-mail me Philip Leemans e-mail address as I would love to obtain a copy of the Accessories Catalogue for the Giuliettas/ Thanks for all your help. Regards, Roger ([email protected]).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts