Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is mainly to satisfy my curiosity about whatever happened to my old running but unrestored '59 Guillietta 750B. I have posted this before but don't believe I included the chassis nos., etc.
From the data plate on driver's side firewall (LHD):
autotelaio 1493 09460, motore 1315 08274
Stamped in firewall on passenger side (right):
AR 1493 09460
Obviously the motor was changed out at some time because actual motor no. taken from block in situ was:
AR 1315 010623.
I sold the car to a broker in Dallas, TX sometime about 2004 or 2005. I'm going by fading memory- could be a couple of years either way.
I have some photographs I can scan if that would help. Supposedly the car was sold to Europe. Would love to help fill in the blanks of the history of this car to it's current owner if so interested. TIA

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
OK, this is mainly to satisfy my curiosity about whatever happened to my old running but unrestored '59 Guillietta 750B. I have posted this before but don't believe I included the chassis nos., etc.
From the data plate on driver's side firewall (LHD):
autotelaio 1493 09460, motore 1315 08274
Stamped in firewall on passenger side (right):
AR 1493 09460
Obviously the motor was changed out at some time because actual motor no. taken from block in situ was:
AR 1315 010623.
I sold the car to a broker in Dallas, TX sometime about 2004 or 2005. I'm going by fading memory- could be a couple of years either way.
I have some photographs I can scan if that would help. Supposedly the car was sold to Europe. Would love to help fill in the blanks of the history of this car to it's current owner if so interested. TIA
Dear Mr Capps,

Try Joop Stoltze in the Netherlands. The broker you sold the car was selling them to Joop.:crying2: If you still miss having a Sprint I have one for you with your name written all over it>:)

Lionel

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lionel- I will do some online research for Mr. Stolze and see if he remembers this particular car.
Yes, I do miss my old sprint and sometimes regret my decision to pass it on to someone who would take the time and spend the resources to put it right. It was a worthy project, particularly in light of some of the other Sprint projects I have seen here on the AlfaBB including a few of those you have brought back from the brink. I hope it went to a proper home eventually. As I recall abut the only missing major piece were the correct front seats.
Yeah Lionel, I know you have a few likely restoration candidates I could focus on. Believe me I have considered the possibility but as you know, any additional Alfas around my house nowadays I would have to treat as an additional bedroom.:laugh2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts