Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted Giulietta original bullet connector couplings, need twenty tube connectors, not the bullets but what holds them together

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 750/101 wiring harness use bullet connectors to connect wire together. The bullets are soldered on the end of the wire and they are joined together using a hollow rubber insulated cylinder. The later Alfas use crimped spade connectors instead of soldered bullet connectors. The bullet connectors that are sold today will work but, the cylindrical connectors are smooth and do not hold very well.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Many British cars of that era used a similar connector. I dunno if they are compatible.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used motorcycle bullet connectors which work but, I need the cylindrical connectors used to connect the bullets soldered on the wires. The new connectors are just smooth tubes without a crimped fitting. I looked on the internet and cannot find the original Alfa Romeo wiring connectors. I should take a photo of what I need.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
These bullet connectors are from Lucas I believe. They are available from this aptly named store in Pennsylvania: British Wiring. The terminals themselves are also available in a crimped variety.

British Wiring offers very good service. They sell all sorts of electrical supplies, including wiring by the yard in almost any color and gage you may need, including the color tracers. Keep in mind these guys basically offer this as a service to old car enthusiasts, this stuff is all nickels and dimes and I'm sure they're not making a fortune out of it.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have some that I can send you but won't be able to look until tomorrow.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need the original and purchased many connectors from British Wiring and the solder on bullets are good but, the connectors themselves do not hold the bullets together like the original Alfa connectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts