Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
passed by my dealer yesterday...he had 14! mixed bag..some Lusso, some Q4...etc etc....liked the interiors...nice...
has sold 4 already...most expensive one had an MSRp of 51k and change...

·
Premium Member
26,712 Posts
Our dealer has one of each, Giulia RWD, Giulia TI AWD and Quad RWD.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Our local Austin dealer has the "base" Giulia in, they acknowledge they need a better name for it. Sticker is like $37k and $42k for a TI. They brought one to our monthly CNC this past Saturday. It looked quite nice. It had a dial for engine setting (eco, normal and sport) but they said it did nothing for the suspension. They expect the TI's shortly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
passed by my dealer yesterday...he had 14! mixed bag..some Lusso, some Q4...etc etc....liked the interiors...nice...
has sold 4 already...most expensive one had an MSRp of 51k and change...
Hi there - I'm also in NY - what dealer was that, the one in Westchester, Westbury, or somewhere else?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Uaglio....I too am in NY (Long Island specifically) and the Westbury dealer has over ten base and Ti models according to their website inventory. That said, that may aggregate inventory with other NY dealers. No QV's though....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi there - I'm also in NY - what dealer was that, the one in Westchester, Westbury, or somewhere else?
the only one in Westchester Alfredo's.Larchmont...bought my QV from them. they have another QV arriving in March already sold though I'm told...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been to two dealers in the Washington, DC area and both have a few Giulia's and Giulia Ti. I have checked inventory and there are no models with the features that I want so I'm going to order one tomorrow. A friend ordered one yesterday. I'm told the next order that goes in well get delivered by the end of May, early June. Knowing Alfa that could be a pipe dream but lets see.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've been to two dealers in the Washington, DC area and both have a few Giulia's and Giulia Ti. I have checked inventory and there are no models with the features that I want so I'm going to order one tomorrow. A friend ordered one yesterday. I'm told the next order that goes in well get delivered by the end of May, early June. Knowing Alfa that could be a pipe dream but lets see.
Same with me. My dealer here in LA didn't get any Giulias I liked so I special ordered a Ti. Only time will tell how that turns out. I'm in no rush and the Giulia won't be replacing my current daily, a 4C.

·
Registered
218 Posts
nngtv,
Let me know if you find out more about this chip. I took delivery of my TI last week, and the local dealer (Raleigh, NC) now has 7 in stock.
Don

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Sounds very nice. Will have to test drive one of these things I guess. Color not bad either, maybe a little bright, but what the heck (I remember when the Merkurs came out years ago, they had an electric blue color. Zowee, that burned your eyes).

I would prefer either a lighter softer metallic blue, or a darker one. The Giulietta we rented in Italy was painted a dark metallic reddish black. Very nice. Might have been the Vulcano Metallic Black. In sunlight it had a brown or reddish hint to it in some angles. We really liked it.

Out of curiosity, where/how are owners mounting the front plate if required?

Right now, the state and county we are in now has car tab charges and tax that add up to at least 20%, meaning that it makes us back off from buying a new car. At our age, the cars we have will most likely have to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good question Del re: front license plate.

I reached out to Joe and Co at Centerline yesterday to see if they had any leads as yet.

I guess I could do what I've been doing with my Spider over the past 20 years .... leave the front plate in that hard to reach box in the back of the garage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I looked at a white TI two Saturdays ago in Albuquerque. I think it was the third one that the dealer received, and the salesman said the other two had sold the day they arrived. From what I saw (and I had no time to drive it), I would prefer the TI to the other similar sedans currently available - but I still need to drive one, of course.

One thing that I found a bit irritating was the $4k "premium" added to the price. The salesman said that amount was generous, since "back east" they were adding $10k. Anyone else experienced this? If so, I can wait until the hype dies down. Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife and I visited the dealership in Nashville a few Saturdays ago. They had two base and two Ti models in stock. It was past closing time when we got there but they were still staffed and quickly showed us the cars as they locked up. There was no mention of any markup. They did indocate they were custom ordering cars for customers.

My wife would already have a Ti if they had been readily available in December 2016. Tax avoidance reasons necessitated a purchase before the end of the year. Instead, she got a heavily discounted 2016 Jaguar XF. It's a nice car but for whatever reason she hasn't really warmed up to it.

If the Nashville Alfa Romeo dealer had not been closing when we visited, I am pretty sure she would have made the financially insane decision that afternoon to trade the XF for an in-stock Ti in Monte Carlo blue (unbeknownst to me she had the XF title with her!). Fortunately, we live 200 miles or so away from the dealership. otoh, I am trying to leverage her fondness for the Giulia into approval for getting a Quadrifoglio, but they are so expensive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked at a white TI two Saturdays ago in Albuquerque. I think it was the third one that the dealer received, and the salesman said the other two had sold the day they arrived. From what I saw (and I had no time to drive it), I would prefer the TI to the other similar sedans currently available - but I still need to drive one, of course.

One thing that I found a bit irritating was the $4k "premium" added to the price. The salesman said that amount was generous, since "back east" they were adding $10k. Anyone else experienced this? If so, I can wait until the hype dies down. Jim
By $10k premium, he must be referring to the Quadrifoglio. I find it hard to believe people are buying the 2.0T with that kind of mark up. From what I heard most Ti's are sold MSRP, some even managed to get $1k off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
By $10k premium, he must be referring to the Quadrifoglio. I find it hard to believe people are buying the 2.0T with that kind of mark up. From what I heard most Ti's are sold MSRP, some even managed to get $1k off.
No, it was not the Quadrifoglio. He said they were supposed to receive one of those "any day, now". The car I looked at was priced around $45k including the premium, and he was really proud of only charging the $4k. He insisted that the additional money was a common thing, so I wondered if the additional gouging was truly nation-wide - or if I now have a good calibration point on that dealer...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Look at ebay. There are several new Giulias listed by different dealers at or near MSRP

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
That might work on the 4C also, and my SZ?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts