Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my stock Giulia Ti bending at Buttonwillow. 1.6 with single solex and street cams. Thank you Fred.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,414 Posts
Is that car "Bluette"? That's my favorite color for a TI.

Joe

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great looking Ti Norm! I've seen this puppy up close. A true gem!

If I can ever get my GTV to an AROSC event I'll try to give you a run for your money. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Giiulia Ti

No sweat Simon. He'll never get down to IP. But even with the imbalance in power, in the corners I'll be up his tail pipe like a blue banana. I need to find some stock beaters to run with me in IP.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Giulia ti

On second thought, a guy thats already turned a Super Ti into a towable barbecue really should try to stay humble. Once was enough.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Re: Giulia ti

Norman Silverma said:
On second thought, a guy thats already turned a Super Ti into a towable barbecue really should try to stay humble.
Hahahahahah!

For those of you who dont know Norman rolled his last Super Ti at Willow Springs in turn 9. The new owner of the damaged car turned it into a Alfa BBQ. We need to find some pictures of the before wreck, after wreck, and as a BBQ pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Norm, I think you have some competition coming your way!!! Two 1600's, one with 2 carbs, and the other with one.
Kai is also a well known Long Beach Grand Prix 4 corner master!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Giulia ti

First - I have a before picture in my office. I'll try remember to bring it home and post it tomorrow. (At my age I'm glad the track begins and ends at the same place).

Second - I've seen Kai's car. Even with my weight handicap????

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Weight handicap? I just added heavier 195/60 15's and a few pounds of primer paint. Would this help me get into IP?

Seriously, I'd like to find out what class my GTV would fit in. Is there a published guideline somewhere?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Giiulia Ti

Get hold of Randy Harris @ [email protected] .

I wish I could find a trackworthy 15" tire that would fit. Anything over 155x15 gives me tire rub when I lean. Have rolled the inside of the wheel well to accomodate my 165x15 street tires. On the track I have to give up 7% on the top end and run with Yoko VSA 195x14's. Slow, but stick like glue.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi Norman,
Boy I love your Giulia. It is good to see a quottroporte out there
having fun.
I tried to get the painter to do mine in that color but I think it came out darker.
Good track tires ? I quess that is a problem. The closest I have found are Michelin XVS from Coker tire ???

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Giulia ti

Other than the suspension, which had to be redone when the frozen Dunlops were replace, the car is, as Anthony noted, bone stock. The color, done by the prior owner is slightly brighter than the original (which is still the interior color), but pretty darn close. I was able to replecate the original Italian red vinyl for the interior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts