Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an engine for a 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti (with single headlamps) which had a 1300cc before. I guess a super engine would fit as well. If you have an engine of this sort lying around or know contacts that have, please reply to me either on this forum or on: [email protected]

Please no fancy prices, however I can pay immediate cash.

Thanks Guys in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,349 Posts
Basically any 105/115 engine 1300, 1600, 1750 with a "bat wing" oil pan will bolt in and hook up to your mechanical clutch mechanism. This assumes the installation of the BMC engine did not alter the motor mount/crossmember area, clutch linkage, etc.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Jipstar, there used to be a mechanic somewhere in San Gwann who had a lot of Alfa Romeo stuff. I'll contact my uncle who might be able to point you toward a complete engine somewhere.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jipstar, there used to be a mechanic somewhere in San Gwann who had a lot of Alfa Romeo stuff. I'll contact my uncle who might be able to point you toward a complete engine somewhere.

Oh! Thank you so much! I really appreciate the effort. If yo get a reply, just post here I would read it immedietly!

Thanks once again for your help!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Basically any 105/115 engine 1300, 1600, 1750 with a "bat wing" oil pan will bolt in and hook up to your mechanical clutch mechanism. This assumes the installation of the BMC engine did not alter the motor mount/crossmember area, clutch linkage, etc.

Andrew
....And that the gearbox is the original Alfa item and not a BMC unit to go with the engine in place at the moment:rolleyes:.

These engines pop up on ebay here in the UK from time to time and are mostly the smaller cc units. Mainly being moved on by people upgrading to larger cc units in the quest for more POWER:D:D:D. Keep an eye out in a nearby country, especially Italy as shipping would be a bit less to you in Malta.
Best of luck Jipstar.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Isma Jipstar, I am still waiting for a response from my uncle but have you tried the Alfa Club in Malta yet?

www.aroc-malta.org

Seems to be predomenantly modern cars but I know there's a Giulia Super and a couple of 105 series Spiders amongst them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
For sale???

Hey Jipstar, I just took a look @ the AROC Malta forum and your car is on there as for sale in June, Have you now had a change of heart? Don't go giving up on us now:rolleyes:, the jouney's only just begun:D.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jipstar, I just took a look @ the AROC Malta forum and your car is on there as for sale in June, Have you now had a change of heart? Don't go giving up on us now:rolleyes:, the jouney's only just begun:D.
Yeah, well I need a daily driver and it's more of a forced sale, however i'm still deciding whetehr to keep he Giulia or not! However, if I get the right price for it, it may have to go :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts