Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these wheels 14x6 ET 33 from Classic Alfa UK. I had the chance today to mount new tires and install them.

They are very light and sits nice on the car. Next will be lowering it a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought these wheels 14x6 ET 33 from Classic Alfa UK. I had the chance today to mount new tires and install them.

They are very light and sits nice on the car. Next will be lowering it a bit.
Hello Giorgio
Do you have always your Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova with GTA Wheels ?
did they fit well with the car and wheel arche ? Is it needed to change anything on back suspension ?
I thank you in advance for your help and answer.
Luis

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Good lookin' car, Giorgio. Nuova Supers look best in dark colors, I think. Lowering the car a bit will really work well with those wheels. What I like about GTA style wheels is that they sit a little further out and fill the wheel opening better than stock.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Don't know how much he can lower the car.....
Wheels seem to stick out a lot in front.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Front is usually not a problem.

The rear will be touch and go as always on Giulia Sedans ... grind back the rear fender lip, install poly bushings or heim-joint at the T, limit movement on the outer trunnion bushings with Belleville washers, and if necessary cut down the brake discs a few millimetres.

But generally 6x14 with offset between 33mm and 38mm will work. 38mm is preferred.

Don't know how much he can lower the car.....
Wheels seem to stick out a lot in front.

·
Registered
379 Posts
From experience with many different ET's and tires, I have found that the minimum ET that will fit under the rear fender with 6 x 14 rims and 185/70 tires is 32 mm and that will only work if the rear axle is centered perfectly and the trunion has poly bushes and outer washers.
To be on the safe side, as far as rubbing goes, I would take 2 mm off the hat of the discs, especially if lowering. Also, there seem to be different discs on the market. Some have a hat thickness of 8 mm and some have 10 mm.
Cheers
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts