Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any informtion about the Alfa Romeo giulia Super Ti ??? I was told that it was a limited editon (500 cars) with a special full aluminum body.

·
Registered
739 Posts
According to Fusi, there were 501 produced from 1962 - 1964. He doesn't say anything about the body being alloy. He does mention it used the SS engine and alloy wheels, special lightweight bucket seats and a floor gearchange. Benson's Buyers Guide says that thinner sheet metal was used for the body and the rear windows were plexiglass. Also the front fog lights were replaced with mesh and served as cold air inlets. It was homoligated with the FIA for touring car racing.

Some have surmised that the TI Super was a development mule for the GTA

HTH.

Ciao,

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
no, the car is just thinner metal. if you were to acid dip a regular giulia ti or super, the meatal will become the same as the ti super. we got one in italy. i have pictures of it somewhere around here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TI Super

The story of the TI Super isn't quite so straightforward (inevitably!). Whilst some people claim it had thinner sheet metal, others dispute this. There seems to be little concrete evidence that it was thinner, and indeed, having looked at body parts numbers, I do not think it was so.
Also, whilst you are certainly correct that the "typical" spec for one of these fantastic cars was for the inner lights to be replaced by cooling ducts, and also the rear windows being plexi-glass, once again this was not always the case.
You are certainly correct about the engine. It produced 112 bhp DIN, 129 bhp SAE from its twin carb fed 1570cc engine. Also, most (I daren't say all!) had lightweight wheels. The lightweight bucket seats and other interior mods were created by Zagato.
Oh yes, all but (without checking my notes) two were painted white.
Hope that helps!
Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm new to this great forum and haven't got my photos sorted out yet! Pictures of my own car (a modifed Giulia Super, unfortunately not a TI Super!) all seem to be too big. The only ones I have of the TI Super readily to hand are tiny but I'll try to attach one here. Not sure if I can attach more than one?
OK...just tried to attach more than one and failed! This one is of a TI Super racing in Argentina in 1974.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
UKAlfisti -

Welcome!

We will be traveling to London for the first time next week. Any ideas of must see sights for a fellow Alfisiti? I think we are going to Stonehenge, Big Ben, the changing of the Guards, cathedrals, etc.

I am going to need a break!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Jeff
How long will you be in UK? 27 April is AROC UK's Spring Alfa Day, being held at the Historic Dockyard at Chatham. Never been there myself but it is supposed to have plenty of stuff there for the family too. I can send you more details if you're interested.
...Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts