Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone asked the question about seat covers for Giulia Supers. I recent purchased the seat covers from Classic Alfa and the quality is outstanding. I can't attest to the authenticity of the grain, color, pattern, etc since the seats I had were the wrong seats to start with but I really like they way they came out. The only thing missing were the tie down strings on the inside that were no problem to add.

Before:
IMG_3011.JPG
IMAG1230.jpg
After:
IMAG1349.jpg
IMAG1263.jpg
IMAG1262.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seat Covers

This is good news since I just ordered seat covers for my TI from Classic Alfa. I am changing from a black interior to red. I also ordered a couple of yards of the vinyl material which has been shipped to SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon along with a front and rear door card. They will make new cards with the new vinyl heat seamed as original. I should be able to add photos somewhere in the new year.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Did you switch the door cards too?
The car is 1970 Super but had the tan interior from a Nuova. The seats are really plain and are the wrong shape for these seat covers. But a generous BBer saved the day and essentially gave me the black seat set. Fortunately the door card vinyl is in decent shape. We'll replace the hard board at some point.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is good news since I just ordered seat covers for my TI from Classic Alfa. ...
Beware, there seems to be a dizzying array of seat styles for these supers. I don't claim to know whats what but I'm pretty sure that the seats out of the 1970 Super I'm working on had the later, Nuova seats. They are square with head rests and generally flat compared to the seats that I used.

The seat on the left is what I think is originally from a Nuova. On the right is a Berlina seat (for reference only).
IMAG0775.jpg

Notice how the shoulders are rounded on the earlier Super seat.

IMAG1257.jpg

For what it's worth, the seat bottoms all seem to be the same structure and the same rail system.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good work with the seats. Super seats from 1969 to Nuova are basically the same. Rails are the same from 1970 and on. 1969 rails have unique (and poor) design, rear floor mounts are too far front, it's like sitting on a cantilever bridge when seat is slided all back, allmost all early(1969) rails what I have seen are bent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts