Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David B kindly sent these to me, for a Super sold new in late 1967 at Rambo Motors in Portland, OR, traded in a Giulia TI on it. I don't have this car in the Register, guessing it's long gone. My Giulietta Veloce was sold new through Rambo.

I ran the numbers with an inflation calculator, $2995 in 1967 works out to about $21,000 nowadays.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I wished I had kept the bill of sale on the Super I bought new in 1969.

I recall something like $3200.

Rambo used to race one. Remember seeing it at Westwood and SIR.

Sigh,

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I also wish I had kept my sales receipt. I bought my '66 Super (and my new '71 Berlina) from the then new Alfa dealer in Spokane, WA. The Berlina was my daily driver, but the Super was transformed into a B Sedan racer in ICSCC. I raced it at Westwood, SIR, PIR, and Delta Park (Spokane) in 1972 and finished 3rd in the season championship. I would have won that championship if I had been smarter - long story...sigh. I never got to race with Rambo, though.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Bob:

Is it possible he was racing a GTA in the early '70s? The name is familiar, but it was long ago. I don't remember a 101 Spider, but I do remember a couple Italian guys from Vancouver who had a GTA. There was also a fellow from Seattle who had a TI Super - can't remember his name...sigh. The TI Super blew its motor in front of me at the entrance of the Carrousel and laid down some serious oil - scary, but I got through it. One other fellow from Spokane had a GT Jr. Those are the only Alfas I remember.

Mike

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Bob:

Is it possible he was racing a GTA in the early '70s? The name is familiar, but it was long ago. I don't remember a 101 Spider, but I do remember a couple Italian guys from Vancouver who had a GTA. There was also a fellow from Seattle who had a TI Super - can't remember his name...sigh. The TI Super blew its motor in front of me at the entrance of the Carrousel and laid down some serious oil - scary, but I got through it. One other fellow from Spokane had a GT Jr. Those are the only Alfas I remember.

Mike
Yes it is said that Colleta drove a RHD GTA along with Tony Filetti and Vito Spinelli, known locally as the 3 Amigos. As more info is needed about this GTA I will start a thread now in the GTA forum.

Ken

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Ken:

I posted what I know about the car, actually just a funny story, in the GTA thread you created.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts