Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAR IS SOLD - THANKS

As you can tell from my signature, I've got too many projects. Even though I think a Giulia Super is about the coolest Alfa you can own, I'm thinking about letting this one go since it will be another 2 yrs. before I get to it and I don't feel like paying storage for that long. It's a basket case but complete (a complete basket case?:rolleyes:) except for the engine. I can provide a rebuildable 1750 or a good 2L for a little extra. The car comes with new middle and inner rocker repair panels from Hurtienne as well as 6 other outer body repair panels and a new tan carpet set. Also have four large plastic tubs filled with calipers, air intake, tail lights, side spears, etc. Originally green exterior with dark tan interior.

The body:
very solid floors
straight, undented body
rockers need work, rusty panels removed by previous owner(new panels included)
rear quarters and dog legs need replacing (new panels included)
rust was sealed over with Eastwood "corroless" some years ago
good glass
good bumpers
good grill (unbroken grilles are hard to find!)

Interior:
excellent dash
door panels very good
typical stained headliner but with just one 2" cut on the left c-pillar
front seats could use sheepskins (driver's seat bottom is ripped)
rear seat has had some splitting restitched
new carpet set included

Mechanicals:
no engine (one is available)
transmission bench shifts okay
assume suspension needs rebuild
brakes - off car, rebuilt calipers included

Price is $2500. Keep in mind that it comes with about $1100 worth of sheet metal and carpet that would cost another couple hundred to ship here. If you are building a race car and don't need some items like bumpers and door panels and carpet, we can probably work something out. The car was last registered in Maine and there is no title (apparently Maine didn't issue titles back then). I do have some registration info though, and obtaining a title shouldn't be difficult. The car is in storage about 30 minutes from my house in Hagerstown, MD. I will try to answer any questions you might have. PM me for more pictures and be sure to include your email address. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of this morning, four people have expressed interest - I must have priced it right! I want to send out pictures and answer questions to everyone today and then in a day or so give the option to buy in the order that I was contacted. That's the most fair arrangement that I can think of. I don't want to give anyone the bum's rush because "3 other guys want this car bad!" That way everyone has a chance to review the pictures, check on shipping options and make an informed decision. Of course, interested parties doesn't mean that the car is sold so anyone else that is interested please send me a PM with your email address for more pics. In the meantime, a couple more pictures:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts