Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the following items for my rebuild:

1) Black steering wheel with horns and center cap.
2) Drivers door arm rest.
Both as in the photos below.

3) Stainless steel trim for A Pillars and rain gutters both sides.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Super parts-

I have the third set of items on your list. Depending on the year of your car that is not the right steering wheel- it looks like a GTV or Duetto type to me. If you want one as depicted I have some.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
It is the correct wheel for about a 67 Super. Same as the 1600 GT Veloce I reckon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
The picture is pulled from the ebay car in Florida. A late '67 build date and the transition model between first and second series Supers.
Are you trying to make your car look like the earlier model ?
Personally, I like that look !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I am rebuilding my super with no regard to what is correct for a particular year. I'm picking the parts I like from various years and mixing them. Perhaps this is sacrilegious to some, it's the way I like to do it. The original wheel for my car is a fake wood colored plastic wheel. I much prefer the black.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Super steering wheel-

As sold here in the US the car had a different steering wheel with cut-out slotted spokes and the horn button in the center- someone with more skills than I will post a picture I'm sure. The wheel shown could well have been used on later "Supers" as there were many.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
" The wheel shown could well have been used on later "Supers" as there were many. "
C'mon Fred...it's shown on the factory broshure

Have you considered the wood Hellebore wheel offered on first series 1750s ?
I think that would look sharp with all of the other wood trim in a Super.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it was used in 1973. I've got a Hellebore on my JrZ and it is nice... I prefer the black one on my Super.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
The good news is that the black one will be easier to find ! It came on a lot GTVs and Duettos that came here.
You may want to post a want ad in the GTV or Spider section .

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
"Brochures"

I have a lot of literature due to the nature of my work- the early brochure- showing a green car is dated 6-65 and shows the wheel I'm talking about. Having been involved with and restored many 1967 Supers they all had this wheel. The later brochure which is not dated (as shown in this thread) and depicts a burgundy car has the later steering wheel. I'm sorry to be unable to scan and share these. Some of you guys are amazing -when I'm just trying to help the gentleman- one day soon I won't even bother anymore.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fred, I appreciate your response and your offer. I sent you a PM asking about condition and price. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Fred/s, sorry if any offence was taken I was just trying to show that the steering wheel wanted by Alfiat is a legitimate Super steering wheel, not that it matters to him anyway. I do have an armrest as well but it sounds like shipping one from Australia isnt economical

·
Premium Member
22,620 Posts
To my knowledge, US-market cars never got the one pictured above with the horn pushes in the spokes, like late 1600 GT Veloces had. All the US Supers I've ever seen had the center horn push with slotted spokes.
Andrew

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
To many, all Supers should have the first series wheel as that is the only type they have ever seen. I was the same until I shopped in Europe and found all of the wonderful variety they had to choose from.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a great AlfaBB member I've obtained everything from my list except for the drivers door arm rest.. Anyone? Color is not important.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Fred, welcome to the wonderful world of the "abitsa" (a bit of this and bits of that). My 76 "Nuovo" has all required 72-74 "Unificata" exterior and interior items plus some earlier Super SS trim (window trim is very nice, hood spear, even Biscione badges), an '80 Alfetta Euro engine w/ 10.1 cams and Alfetta EI, a 70's 2L gearbox and 4.30 LSD rear-end, Milano Brembo front brakes, Heinbrand TZ wheels, and more stuff under the skin. The S1 and S2 interior is nicer indeed. Great progress! Gonna be sweet! B

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the welcome and the partial list of upgrades you did to your Nuovo. Can you pm me a list of things you changed that you think are best? I'm keeping the 1600 engine and the 1300 rear end.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
1600 engine and 1300 rear end is fun! Thats what mine is and is great for city traffic. Unfortunately my diff is very noisy so a 1600 will be going back in. I have armrests. I'll see if I have the one you want and you can have it cheap, should cost about $20 in postage by airmail. I'll let you know on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts