Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
diFatta lists these as GTV "strickers," but in fact they are late 60s Giulia Super striker plates for the "half moon" type latch. These have the stamped steel stop for the spring plate, and should last forever. The one pictured is RH, but they also have left. I just bought one and checked it against my Super; it's identical. They were quite accommoodating on shipping, etc. with the other stuff I bought.

Alfa Romeo GT Door Stricker | eBay

Andrew

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up" Andrew. Bought one myself as these striker plates are getting harder to find and the little plastic slides are often broken.

Michael

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
The achilles heal of this beauty is not the plastic guide. It is the tang of the top plate (1 O'clock from the right most screw in the photo) that cracks at the bend and allows the catch teeth to wonder ever so slightly out of position and then it does fail in the CLOSED position .. Major big time cussin' goin' on now. Papajam can attest at the Frederick national. It's almost imperceptable but it will have you scratchin' to get the door open. There is no access inside or out to release it when it happens. The door willl give you a warning by seeming to stick a few times when going to open it. After it fails you are SOL. Darned near had to resort to the jaws of life or a crow bar

·
Premium Member
22,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I mention about the steel stop, instead of cast, above. I've had a couple three-door Giulias over the years, and this is likely why.
Which is not to say they can't fail in other ways, you know.
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts