Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No-one likes to see an Alfa damaged, especially when it's going so well, but I just have to share the pain...

Mallory Park is a fast but sometimes unforgiving circuit. There's a lake in the centre which famously received a flying visit from the young James Hunt in his early single-seater days.

I'm hoping we can repair the Giulia Super for 2013.

J

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Oooops

Looks like something in your "driving tackle" had a problem.

Hope the repair is not too serious.

:cool::cool:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Just my two cents but looks like something came loose in the back end. You think the rumble strips did something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, I'd like to think something went wrong at the rear end rather than It all being down to pure driving error. It certainly got out of shape very suddenly. The car is with my fixer at the moment and it appears mendable although the front offside damage is bad. On the bright side the motor is undamaged. We'll be looking at the rear suspension and axle closely in case there is a component failure - should know soon.
Jonathan

·
Administrator
13,612 Posts
Quick part of the circuit unfortunately. Did you just get the left rear wheel on the grass maybe? But it then did not respond to the helm ... heck I don't know. Hope fix is not too difficult.

Car is certainly quick! Pity it does not get off the line as well.

Best of luck.
Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts