Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Guys
I've been a member for about a year, and just started to sell parts.
what is a fair price for these seats?
I have rear seats to match .
thanks
joe
815-378-2174

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 1627899

Hi Guys
thanks
joe
815-378-2174
View attachment 1627899

Hi Guys
thanks
joe
815-378-2174
These appear to be 1965 Guilia Sprint Gt seats and in my opinion should go back into that model car. These are important cars because it was the first version and few examples have survived. If you have one of these cars, you should use these seats. I see you have a Porsche--would you put newer seats in a 66 911? Anyway they are probably worth 1000$ to someone in Europe or Australia where originality matters more... but they weigh 40lbs each. Best wishes on your Project.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The seats look great.
The market for seats is divided into a few groups like custom/hybrid cars, original cars and other non Alfa projects. The seats may suit the custom/hybrid cars more compared to those that want an original seat.
For those who insist on original seats will have to work out how to replace the white piping and newer perforated pleats in the middle, some times it's easier to take off the old covers and start again with a re trim in original materials and style.
This is the dilemma owners face when they either acquire or commission custom seats, some time unknowingly and some times knowingly as per a style they want..
As to value this can vary as to who needs the seats.
Their worth would be impacted by the cost of what ever work it takes to retrim to correct original state for those that want original trimmed seats.
The padding/foam springs frames say are in good order.
For those that want some seats for their car and not concerned with originality is probably not going to be concerned the non original style, except the white piping may not match back seats.
Regards Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts