Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you experts. I have a problem with the wipers of my Sprint.
As you can see in the enclosed pictures on one wheel box the part that keeps the wiper arm is missing.
When i compare the mechanics with them for Triumph TR3 and TR4 i'm not sure that Alfa used this parts in the Sprint too. They are available from Triumph dealers.
I know we have a Lucas DR3 wiper motor, but is the rest also compatible with Lucas parts from other cars?
Can somebody offer a used wheel box?

Many thanks for any hint and best regards from germany. Roland

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I had a wheel box "fixed" on my Spider and on a rare summer downpour, had to turn them on.

The arm on the driver's side flipped and scratched the windshield before I could hit the switch.:hammer:

Best to install new on both sides on a new cable.

:001_cool::001_cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Bob, i would like to replace them but i don't know where to get them. Can you help.

Regards Roland

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
There is a number stamped on the underside of the wheel box. Try Holdens in the UK or do a search for the Lucas number on line.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a number stamped on the underside of the wheel box. Try Holdens in the UK or do a search for the Lucas number on line.
Hello Stuart, like always, you are very helpfull. Thank you also for the hint with the 3 shoe brake from yesterday. I ordered the tool from Salvatore already.

Best regards Roland

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucas part number 72711A

Thanks to Stuart i found the part number. See pictures. Unfortunately Lucas made so many different models that it is really difficult to find exactly this one. I have the dimensions of the wheelbox also, mine has 32 teeth. Maybe somebody can offer this part. Best regards Roland

Attachments

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Roland...part no.72711 is available from Car Electric Components at £30 for a "shop soiled" unit. Look them up and order.
Best regards

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks Stuart. I have found it and placed the order this morning. Best regards Roland

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just in case somebody else has the same problem. Here is a picture of the original Lucas parts list for this item. These wiper wheel box is installed in my Giulia Sprint 1600 101.12 from 1963. Best regards Roland

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts