Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfisti,

My '64 Giulia Spider was purchased with only the suspension on the body and the rest in boxes or crates. How do I determine if my gauges work or not before I install them? I know that I could have purchased a running car, but where's the fun in that?!

In an older thread about gauges, someone mentioned that a shop in New Mexico did cleaning & restoration work. I called to discover that the person who owned the shop has passed away and one of the individuals who worked there has purchased the business from POs widow.

The new owner wanted $3,100 to restored all three gauges. Sweet mother of pearl! Surely, someone can recommend a shop with a much more reasonably-priced service that $3,100!

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kuni,

I checked their website and it seems they are restoring the Giulietta gauges, but I saw nothing regarding Giulia gauges.

I have to admit I really prefer the Giulietta gauges with the white lettering, but I have a Giulia, though I have heard of Giulias being delivered with the Giulietta style gauges. Any truth to that?

Thanks

Ray

Any more pictures of that beautiful white car with the blue/gray interior?!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sprint Veloce August, 1974 at Home 001.jpg This a photo of the car and me taken at my parent's house in August, 1974. The same car with a racing seat, but with Pirelli CN36 175/70 15 tires. I know that you cannot buy new CN36 tires so I bought the original Pirelli tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts