Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Spider Normale, 2015 4C
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The disassembly is well underway on my 1965 Giulia Spider in preparation for its restoration. It is going to receive a full front facial so to speak. The stubs that are used to mount the front bumper brackets were cut off in about 1968 under prior ownership when the car had a short two year stint racing in SCCA Regional level racing. The restoration will include the reinstallation of the front bumpers, so I am trying to recreate the mount points for the bumper brackets.

If someone happens to have their front bumpers off so they could provide a measurement from the front of the body to the end of the bracket mount stubs, that would be very helpful. Pictures are attached for reference.

1965 Guilia Front - 022821.jpg 1965 Guilia Front Inner Bumper Stub - 022821.jpg 1965 Guilia Front Outer Bumper Stub - 022821.jpg

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The disassembly is well underway on my 1965 Giulia Spider in preparation for its restoration. It is going to receive a full front facial so to speak. The stubs that are used to mount the front bumper brackets were cut off in about 1968 under prior ownership when the car had a short two year stint racing in SCCA Regional level racing. The restoration will include the reinstallation of the front bumpers, so I am trying to recreate the mount points for the bumper brackets.

If someone happens to have their front bumpers off so they could provide a measurement from the front of the body to the end of the bracket mount stubs, that would be very helpful. Pictures are attached for reference.

View attachment 1675932 View attachment 1675933 View attachment 1675934
Mine is up on the lift so I can take a picture later today when I go the the garage. I caution that the front ends on these cars have had a hard life and so sheet metal to end of stub could vary depending on history

Reactions: Barn101

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your willingness to check for a measurement. I understand the possibility of some different dimensions that could come from this question. I am trying to get close so the final adjustments will be done with a washer or two instead of a stack of washers and a bolt arrangement as the bumper had been previously installed. :)

Bill

1965 Guilia Front Bumper Bracket - 022821.jpg

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Bill

Here's a picture of my car and a picture looking up at the driver's side with a tape measure. Let me know if you need more.

IMG_2537.jpg IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4805.JPG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful. I like your car. Mine will be going back to its original white exterior with red interior.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts