Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, yes I'm still alive!

Restoration of Giulia is progressing, with a total body rebuild. Job quality is good but much slower than planned, the usual thing I suppose.

Meanwhile, dealing with other things and last week started on the front suspension; separating ball-joints and all the rest was a bit of a fight but it is done now.

To my big surprise the ball joints of the upper arm were both seriouly bent, I had never seen anything like this

Does anyone have any idea of why and how this happened; could it be because the limit cables were broken?

Also, I have been trying to find the balljoints, seals and dust caps for the front suspension, silent blocks for the rear suspension (trailing arms and A frame) and the oil seals and dust caps for the steering.

Can anyone provide help?

A V

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
AlfaStop (Tony Stevens), in the UK stocks the bits to rebuild the upper (and lower) ball joints as well as suspension bushings and other parts you are after.

Simon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lo Fo SI

Many thanks for your reply. AlfaStop does indeed have quite a lot of spares the only problem is that, from my experience, it is ususally very difficult to get a reply. May well be I've not been lucky!

Anyway I'll try again.

Anyone with any comments about the state of the ball joints, what may have happened?

Regards

A V

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, Tony can be a bit difficult to get hold of at times - It is worth trying to phone him (can't be as bad for you as it is for me!) rather than relying on email. Since he is a one man band his response times can be a bit slow ..but.. his stuff is top notch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts