Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello Alberto,

Payment of $110 sent, please let me know how much did you receive, there was a fee on "friends & family" too, even when transfering from my PP dollar balance, so I tried the other option "payment for an item", if you received less than $110 please let me know and I´ll send the difference.

Dennis
Typical of Pee Pee :)

Very kind of you Dennis! Yes, I did receive less, but I will let you know when my son ships it.
It is leaving with him for Spain in 3 hours...You will have it next week.

Kind regards,
Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For the kind people that purchased the support piece, they looked kind of shabby after so many years,
so as a goodwill gesture, we cleaned them out (all 30) and sprayed them with new primer.

Thought you would appreciate it.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry, but these definitely do not look like original parts, certainly not those made 50 years ago when real craftsmen were at work. These look like copies made by a DIY guy in his or her garage: cut by hand and bent in shape with pliers (please look at the pics of the part I have received, and you can easily spot the plier marks). The factory would'e likely used a press, I assume. I am sure I would've made better copies, and I am by far not a craftsman.

Darius

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Zodiaco I appreciate your comments, all I can tell you is that I have the quantity of these parts that I have, and they are available for sale. I have never proposed anything that I do not fully back up.
if yours is an observation, that is absolutely fine, and again, I find that p.m. is more appropriate. If you’re not satisfied, by all means return the part, and I will refund your money.
The parts where in factory packaging. But I certainly cannot vouch for things made 50 years ago or more. The parts are exactly the same, as the original that I purchased on this site, and I would not have any qualms about using them. If you choose not to, well, that is your God-given right. Just please learn to voice your complaints in a slightly more delicate manner.
Best regards Alberto

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Sorry, but these definitely do not look like original parts, certainly not those made 50 years ago when real craftsmen were at work. These look like copies made by a DIY guy in his or her garage: cut by hand and bent in shape with pliers (please look at the pics of the part I have received, and you can easily spot the plier marks). The factory would'e likely used a press, I assume. I am sure I would've made better copies, and I am by far not a craftsman.

Darius
Totally concur with Darius /Zodiaco here, very, very disappointed over the poor quality of this part that just as described above rather looks like a DIY fabricated in a garage then a NOS part. Exactly the same sloppy flaws on mine too.
Ok, seller alledges these are 100% NOS parts which I don´t believe for a second and am now after info from someone with an original part at hand that can confirm whether these were punched out in a press or made by hand in the factory.
I neither understand why, as mentioned here earlier by the seller, getting rid of all the original packaging and respraying the parts, doesn´t make any sense and is like voluntarily destroying all proofs of originality and who would do that ??? post #22

And not only that, it would of course also be a strong argument to back up the $100 price tag for otherwise a dubious piece of metal !!!

BTW Alberto, you never reply to the PM:s sent to you, I´ve tried several times before to no avail! See posts # 14, 15 and 16!

Dennis

21 - 27 of 27 Posts