Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willing to pay up to $10k for one in decent shape.

In San Francisco and would rather have an original California car, but will consider any rust-free example.

Thanks

-William

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Per chance have you been following a similar thread (Supers only) by Fangio8c (Giulia Wanted). There's a significant price point difference between Giulia's and Berlina's wherein $10k might get you a really, really nice Berlina but a poor Giulia. Andrew Watry in Berkley would most likely know of any out there and may even have one for sale. Good luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Giulias have gotten really expensive, so yeah, I'd rather have a really nice Berlina than a basketcase Giulia

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,973 Posts
Wow; spotted in the Albany 7-11.
Everyone, but everyone, wants a decent Super for a fair price. Even my exhaust guy said so today as he was putting a new muffler on my race Super.
You've got to keep your eyes peeled, ask everyone, beat the ground, get advice, and be ready to jump when the car that suits you comes along. Hearing of something through the grapevine can give you a leg up, but everyone wants to do that.
Folks who bring cars in from Europe say the prices there can be better, and shipping is not as expensive as you think. I wouldn't do it, but some would, and if you have someone on the scene in Europe you trust to inspect a car for you, all the better.
Good luck to everyone. I feel fortunate to have the cars I do.
Andrew

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been looking for a Berlina (almost daily) since I sold my GTV and have often thought of posting a query almost identical to yours. How's it been working out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts