Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hope this attachment shows up. This is my Giulia just back from the paint shop and sitting in my son Dave's shop in Jupiter FL. AS you can see, I stripped down to naked before bringing it up to the painter. Now have to put it back together.

It has an electronic ignition from Centerline, Cooling system has been redone and it runs fine except i can feel one of the Solexes not doing its share on stomping on the loud pedal at idle. I have Webers to put in it and a set of Euro cams. I will also put new tires on it and perhaps learn to upholster seats because someone (PO era) burned the rear seat. It will be a dailey driver perhaps shared duty with the Ford F250 4x4 3/4 ton 460cid pickup. Is that the ying and the yang or what.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope this is not boring everyone but I'd like to try to put one more up of the car before the repaint.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Lovely paint job on the Super Mr.C! Is it the same color as original? The blue looks brighter in the shop pics.

It looks like you switched from the 15x4.5 steel rims to 14x5.5 steel rims. I'd like to use the same hub covers, but can't find a set that'll fit on my 15" rims.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I hope this is not boring everyone
Are you crazy?! this is the most exciting this day so far!

Beautiful car - I love boxy shape of the Giulia saloon.

Is the Giulia a rare car in the US? It seems from this forum, that most Alfas are Spiders, Bertone, 164 and 75. (Milano)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone,
It sure is nice to have you folks to talk about the car with.

The "color" in the "after" pictures is not really true. The shop is equipped with those huge sodium lights overhead and they tend to make everything look bright. We went to pains to produce the factory color which was found on the B pillar under the cloth trim. I think we are too dark but close. The car needs to be color sanded and polished also which will take some of the wet look away. Unfortunately the guy who painted it has had a couple of heart attacks since so I guess I will learn how to color sand and polish a car.

All Alfa Berlinas are rare in the US. This one is of a type that was not imported here. I have also owned a 1974 2000 Berlina and a GTV and a Giulietta Spyder and I really like this car. It was built in 1975 !
MrC

·
Registered
634 Posts
Boring??

Dude! This is an Alfa BB, we just LOVE looking at Alfas, especially the all-conquering Supers!

After climbing into a Super from a GTV/A it's just amazing, the Super's driving position is just so natural, so modern. It was way ahead of its time. Just look at the dashboard, and those huge guages. Doesn't get much better.

Steve S.
Seattle, WA

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ooooh. I've got a seroius case of "Super-Envy". My screen saver has a dark blue Super about that same color, with a nice, mean stance...It's my favorite, I think. One question- excuse my ignorance- Is the Guilia Super considered a Berlina, or is the Berlina kind of like a younger, smaller brother to the Super? I know Berlinas are easier to come by here, (Not to say they're EASY to come by, but easyER), and they're certainly less expensive.
I will have a super some day!
Beautiful car! Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
634 Posts
The 'Giulia Super' style body came before the Berlina. The Giulia Ti was the first 105 series car, introduced in 1962, from the new plant at Arese. Many variations were sold. The USA only got a few, including the Giulia Super with its twin carb 1600. The most rare variant, or certainly the most desired was the Ti Super, not to be confused with the Super Ti. No Alfas to the USA in 1968, then the bigger, slab-sided Berlina came in 1969 with its Spica injected 1750.
Pat, for such a dedicated alfisti, we've got to get you some good books! You'd eat them up.

Steve S.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi
Sorry about the name confusion Carpoor, to me a Italian four door sedan is a berlina. But due to Alfa specifically using Berlina as a model name, I should be more careful. My car is most like a Giulia Super. But it was built in 1975 after the 1750/2000 Berlina was introduced. Alfa called it a Nuova Giulia Super.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts