Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Take care, that short 90 deg hose is 12mm ID.
Half inch hose (12.7mm) and 13mm may not seal well enough.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take care, that short 90 deg hose is 12mm ID.
Half inch hose (12.7mm) and 13mm may not seal well enough.
I have a sneaking suspicion that's what's causing the leak in my own heater...

On a related note, it's been a while, since I worked on the heater in my Giulia, and I wonder if removal of the unit is as much of a nightmare as I remember. Anyone care to weigh in?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Painful (literally). I did it this week, with 30 years less patience and flexibility than the last time.
Take the drivers seat out at least (perhaps both), so you can lie on the floor and give yourself a shot at seeing and reaching the four attachment nuts. Drivers side access to those is toughest. There’s a funky little wing nut above the heater control levers’ case too, holding it in place.
8mm ratchet spanner would assist, plus a good light.
Reinstall the box as a unit. Don’t be tempted to put the lower half of the unit in separately. It’s even harder to put some of those four spring clips back in after the upper half is reinstalled in the car.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
After doing some research I removed the dash in my Giulia for better acces. Maybe overkill, but access was easy. Something to consider maybe.

Re hose size: I ordered the hoses for ClassicAlfa, who supplied 13mm hoses, though 12mm came off. With the original Copiglia hose clamp it leaked on the outlet, a Romabloc prevented it from leaking.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
While your dash is out... replace all the little bulbs with LEDs!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts