Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an exploded view of the 1967 Giulia Heater Box?

I took mine apart yesterday and it had more pieces than I expected and I am hoping that I can get it back together properly.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Should be similar to a Spider. Did that one 6 years ago. I have other views on file. Need to do the GT next as I bought it with the heater bypassed. Perhaps just the valve. PDF of Spider/GTV box from Parts Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there are supposed to be 4 spring clips (bar clips?) that hold the main bottom piece on.

Does anybody have a spare set? I have the long ones that go across the top. The ones I need are about maybe 3" long.

At least now I know why mine was held together with duct tape.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Yes, 4 ~3" high springclips hold the bottom plastic unit on to the upper metal assembly and in fact, stiffen it as the metal piece fits into the plastic part's upper recess.

I have a heater box resto checklist if you send me your e-mail.

Several small pieces - including those clips - were not shown in the breakdown picture above as they were on the work table being "blued" for the proper finish:

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giulia Heater Box Restoration

I am ready to start putting my heater box back together but I have a mystery piece.

Can anybody tell me what this is and where it goes?

I put a 3/8 drive socket in the picture for size comparison.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
The Berlina box (right??) is similar but different from the Spider/GT or Super (until the Nuovas which used the Berlina box). That is nothing I can ID.

PS: you have a 67 Giulia. Not a Berlina. I cannot ID that piece.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Did you find the missing "C" clips? I ask because I found my GT box (bypassed) only had 2 of 4. They do sell the "correct" pleated paper hose. Nice work!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heater box parts

I got two heater box clips from Alfa Parts Exchange ($30 with shipping), and installed them in the back and used the sheet metal screws that you can see to hold the front 1/2. My defrost hoses where already in good shape but I think you can get them from Highwoodalfa. I got the rubber heater hoses and the valve rebuilt gasket from Highwood.

I can't wait to fire it up and try out the rebuilt heater core.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
On the box I did it just slides up the two groves in the lower side of the mount, out of the rubber bushings. I cleaned it with an electrical contact cleaner. Check the brushes. Drill a 3/8" hole in the bottom of the housing to relieve any liquid that accumulates.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Right, the only thing holding the motor in is the rubber it slides into.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Heater valve hose

I just finished rebuilding the heater for my '65 TI. Did any of you come up with a good replacement for the short 90 degree hose that goes from the heater core to the heater valve?
TIA,

Stu

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Giulia Heater Box Restoration

I am ready to start putting my heater box back together but I have a mystery piece.

Can anybody tell me what this is and where it goes?

I put a 3/8 drive socket in the picture for size comparison.
This is a nasty job -- I admire your courage. I recall finding one or two extraneous parts after the operation as well. Be sure all the hose fittings are sufficiently tight before reinstalling. And I suggest taking several Advils prior to reinstalling, as a prophylactic measure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts