Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with a couple of friends for a 2-days Easter stay at the fabulous Nürburgring in Germany.

We were invited to buy a one hour open pit-lane stint at a Destination Nürburgring trackday ...

Wow, that was something :)

We were allowed to film, so here's a little treat:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you...

Hello Per,

Australia is a long way from the Nürburgring, so it was great to see the track from a road car perspective - it looked like you had a lot of fun. :):):)

Nice fast, neat driving, and your lovely Giulia GT certainly distinguished itself too!

Many thanks for putting the video on this Bulletin Board - it's made me search out your many videos on YouTube.

Cheers,

Andrew Matusiewicz
1971 Alfa 1750 Spider Veloce
1983 Alfasud Ti QV

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrew, I enjoy using the car for some "cuore sportivo" driving.

And the videos are just a good way to keep the memories ... and a way to explain to non-believers what it's all about :)

I made this up from all the scrap footage from last weeks Easter Holiday:

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Great video. What is the little camera you were using and what did you edit it with? The Giulia sounds lovely. What is happening with the Nurburgring these days? I heard that new people were running it.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Cool editing on the second video too!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The camera is a GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports compact HD

It's not allowed to record videos on the track, but in spite of this you can RENT a video camera from the Nürburging GmbH ticket office at the entrance.

I think that says a lot about the "integrity" of the new owners. I do however think it is important to separate the GP complex from the old North Loop ... although it IS the same company. The old track and most of the staff still has the good old style intact :)

Let's see what the future brings ...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Loved both videos.

Nicely driven in the first one but my favourite has to be the second. It captures a 'Ring trip perfectly, the long drive there and back, track action, pizza Giulia, Bitburger beer, unscheduled garage visits, traffic in Adenau and the great roads around it.

And big laughs all around.

Brilliant!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nicely done, Hadn't seen the helmet cam perspective before, surprised how well it worked.

Not sure I understand the " integrity " comment. Is that a good thing for safety? or just the owners controlling the use of cameras to make money.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The 'Ring's owners discourage people from videoing laps as all their accidents were appearing on Youtube and making the place look dangerous and creating the "wrong" impression. Rather like timing your laps it also encourages you to "go for it" to put on a bit of a show which can lead to dangerous driving.

All makes sense but to tell you that it's ok to make videos using one of THEIR cameras that you've paid to hire is a touch hypocritical really isn't it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts