Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Giulia and Berlina Picture Roll-call

665K views 2K replies 272 participants last post by  captruff 
#1 ·
I know not being an expert, it would greatly help me to see the different years and models posted in one place. Maybe those of you lucky enough to own these beauties can post the pics here so we could have one thread for quick reference and comparison?

I think front and rear and 3/4 shots, as well as interior and engine shots would be great. Really, any pics at all. Post as many detail shots as you want, I know someone will benefit and it could spark a lot of discussion. I can't believe how many incredible and varied cars there are on this board, and seeing them on one thread would make it convenient to compare and contrast.

Thanks in advance to everyone who posts pics and comments. Maybe if we get enough participation, this thread could be made a sticky so it's always at the top?

#3 ·
1966 Super

Here are some shots of a 1966 Super (titled in the great state of Maryland as a '67) showing both pre-bodywork/paint and post bodywork/paint.

The car is mostly "stock" but the engine shot shows the transplanted 1750 from the original 1600. All the air filter pieces/parts are from the original 1600.

Note the upper door-mounted side-view mirror--it clamps to the window opening. This one looks like it never had a drilled-through side mirror mount.

The front shot gives a good view of the grill and nipple lights.

Attachments

#4 ·
Alfiat, I disagree, she's IS a BEAUTY. Especially to someone who doesn't own one right now. :) Great pics, and please, keep posting pics of the restoration.

nochicken, thank you also. Beautiful car as well. I grew up close to you but never saw any cars like that when I could've afforded a Giulia 30 years ago.

Thank you both for the response, I'm really excited about seeing all the pics.

#6 ·
Andrew, your Berlina Register is great. Thanks for the link, I haven't been back there in a long time. I'm hoping that others will also post pics of their Berlinas so this thread can be a one-stop shop for all sedans of that era. I've been all over the BB and am amazed by the wealth of info, but it's spread out over so many threads, some of which are buried because they haven't been commented on lately. I'm hoping if there's enough interest that this thread will be made a sticky and will stay on top of the Sedan section as a reference for newbies like me looking for info, as well as experts who just can't find that link or tip they had read about months ago.

#8 ·
I'm going to have to start wearing a bib. Geez Billy, your car is sweet. Okay, this isn't helping my obsession at all. ;)

And Andrew, just spent some more time looking over the Berlina Register. Great info. This thread is certainly not intended to replace all the info you have posted there. In fact, I hope this thread will help direct more to your great webpage. You're the first to unravel the mysteries of the various tipos to me.

#9 ·
Awesome thread. Thanks for starting it JD.
Notice how cool the '66 is with the top of the grill connected to the hood.
JD you need to get one of these. I dare say, it's one the best AR models ever made. Attached: Not my car - a real beauty.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Nice thread !

@ Fred, nice to see she is still going strong
@ Billy 72 junior , VERY nice example !!!
@ nochicken, one of my favorites and rare on this side of the pond, 1st serie Super
Will send Sal some pictures of my cars because I'm not able to put them on the board myself

Fred, that blue Super looks familiar to me ;-), it is in Anaheim now

#11 ·
Fred, at this point, I'd take any of the cars posted on this thread. :) Great pics, thanks.

Roland, thank you. I was surprised no one else had started one, unless I missed it. Send away, you have some of the nicest Giulias and it'll be great to get them posted on here.

Also, anyone can feel free to post links to their other Giulia or Berlina threads. Like I said, I want this to be a starting point for anyone looking for more info on these great cars.

#12 · (Edited)
A good idea, this thread!
Here are a couple of shots from todays meet @ Cars& Coffee.
On the right, a '67 Super in dark silver
center, a '70 1600 S in verde Muschio
left, a '70 1300 TI in grey

Guys, you should have come! It was beautiful !!

Randy

Attachments

#13 ·
Randy, I would'a if I could'a. LA (Lower Alabama) to LA is kinda far to go for a meeting though, even if a bunch of sweet Alfas show up. ;)

As promised pics of Giulia Bianca's (Roland's) cars. *drool* Wish one one of them were mine...

First his 1972 Giulia Super 1300.

Attachments

#15 ·
And pics of Roland's 1965 white beauty.

Attachments

#16 ·
Fantastic shots. The closer you look at a Giulia the cooler they are!
Some more of mine. Drove it to an Alfa Party last night. The one good thing about having an "daily driver Alfa" is you don't have to worry about the weather.

Attachments

#17 ·
My 2000 Berlina has one of its lil' kid sisters (a '73 giulia super 1.3) staying over for a few days, i'll get a couple of pic's of them together if I get chance after work one evening.

#19 ·
I took this shot in the fall of 2005 when the Berlina was going (sold) and the Super 1300 was coming.

Attachments

#24 ·
Finally some interior shots. The last one I've posted before. I think the contrasting black vinyl and grey cloth interior is especially handsome with the rear seat armrest treatment. I hadn't seen this before, but Roland told me that was original on later cars (seatbelts weren't original). Mine has a build date of December 24, 1973 making it likely one of the last non-Nuova Supers produced and certainly one of the last for 1973 (assuming the plant went on holiday for Christmas). Unfortunately Fusi's data ends in 1972 so I haven't been able to determine how late in the production run mine was.

Attachments

#1,189 ·
I really like this cloth/vinly seating combination. I was just thinking of doing this when I get around to having my Berlina seats redone. I'm sure it's much more comfy than vinyl.

#26 ·
Yes, the grey and black is beautiful as is the rest of the car.
Is the 1.3 still under the bonnet? I personally love the 1.3 motor. It may not be as quick as some of the others but it really loves to rev.

#27 ·
I'm sure the 1.3 would be a blast especially anywhere off the interstates, but mine's a 2.0 transplant with Dellorto carbs. First pic shows the 2.0 stamping. This thread gives more details including the suspension and brake upgrades done by Roland to complement the recently rebuilt 2.0:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1963-1974/47327-belgium-tacoma.html

From the limited amount of information I've been able to find, the Super 1.3 was the only Giulia sedan being produced in 1973.

Attachments