Alfa Romeo Forums banner

161 - 180 of 1681 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Here is my 72 Super which I sold off way back in 1998 to work in Thailand:( and lucky to get in back after 10 long years. A deserving restoration for the old girl was just completed with dark blue body and brown trim inside. Out on her maiden trip amongst her much younger brethen:D

To complete the job, need a small giulia super script on the dashboard in lower case cursive font. Does anyone know of where I can get one? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
A beautifull Super! Well done !
I see the dash script come up on ebay.it ( Italy ) but maybe some of the Australian BBers can find one closer to you.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mr. Giulia Veloce appears to have the ultimate giulia!! I have the 1300 "beater" version, with some rust and dents, but that same original beautiful color.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Jerry I was under the impression that 1300`s came with single headlamps. Have you changed the grille for a 1600 version?

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That's a nice 1600S! Very rare too, those S'es!
I believe I did see this car before, guess it was on Rolands computer, haha. :D
Is that a possibility?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jerry I was under the impression that 1300`s came with single headlamps. Have you changed the grille for a 1600 version?

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6.

The 1300 Super from '70-'71 has single headlamps and 3 horizontal chrome bars.
The 1300 Super from '72-'73 has double headlamps an 5 chrome bars, identical to the 1600 Super.
The 1600S has also double headlamps, but only 3 bars. (like the beautiful car above)

But Jerry....I see a Ti-parafan on your Super?:confused:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thanks Giulia Veloce. Therefore from what I understand it appears Ti`s had single lamps/simpler grille & interior and then as they got longer into the Giulia life with the Supers distinctions between 1600 & 1300`s became less, -much like the Giulia Coupes.

Richard J

·
Registered
692 Posts
But Jerry....I see a Ti-parafan on your Super?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Mine is a TI, as I have a tendency to lump all the Sedans together I was not trying to pass mine off as a super, I assume parafan has to do with the headlights? Still got that good color though!!

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Yes, sharp eye about my 1600 S.
Here's one pic of Roland driving it home from Germany and one more of it in his driveway.
Very similar condition to your Super, just not the same power ;^) !
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
But Jerry....I see a Ti-parafan on your Super?:confused:
Mine is a TI, as I have a tendency to lump all the Sedans together I was not trying to pass mine off as a super, I assume parafan has to do with the headlights? Still got that good color though!![/QUOTE]

No, with parafan I mean the part just above the hood where your wipers are located. And your parafan is from a 1600Ti/Ti Super. That's a rare and very wanted part!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Giulia Veloce, my Ti has 3 stainless bars on the parafan-did they change this on later Ti`s?

Richard J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, only the 1600Ti, Ti Super and early 1300(Ti)'s (the type with single headlamps and complete crome grille) got the parafan with the 3 stainless bars.
Later Ti's (from '70) and all Supers got a parafan with 6 segment with 9 vertical open vents.

Randy, I like your car very much! I'm more kind of a "originality-freak". ;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Got my Super back today, and since the current discussion is about the grill-work, here's a picture of my '72. The right side inner headlight opening is the forced air for the carburetors, and the left inner headlight opening is the intake for the oil-cooler, both with stainless screens to keep out larger foreign objects. I like the look of the three bar grills, so 4 of the bars were left off, and I might even try it without the bars to see what it looks like. Headlights are Halogen H4's.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Thank you! I too like the way the cars came from the factory. Not that all of my Alfas are original ;^)
Some Alfisti modify their cars until there is nothing left of the feeling the cars had from their Italian masters.
Oh, and to show how brave Roland is...
he drove the 1600 S from Koln to Lommel and then to Zebgugge on its 1970 Michelin tires !!!!!!!
Randy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Last trip this summer

Finally having gotten my 1972 1300 Super out and about. With it's 7x15" GTA replicas, running 195/60 Pirelli P6000 and the restored back-end with a 1300 differential, but with 40% torsen LSD inside, I had my last run yesterday before stocking up for winter. Winter project is to get rear seatbelts in so that the kids can come for a ride and then fitting the adjustable top arm at the front so that the camber can be adjusted. This will come in handy when doing trackdays - I haven't yet had the opportunity to drive the car to it's limits with combination of 2 liter engine, LSD back-end and 1300 ratio differential.
On top of this we just did a complete change of the auto-park - sold our Audi and bought a 57K km one owner 155 TS 2,0 16v from 1995 from Italy (like a new car) and in addition to this a 146 1,6 from 1995 too, but a bit more km's on the clock (181K) - so this one will end p as the wife's car :p - pictures to follow. Really interesting though to compare the cars and their performance and handling abilities.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
From yesterday's "Pullover Rally" put on by the Pedal Pushers. Can't tell you much about the cars - other than the silver/red one is the one from the $55K Super thread...

Attachments

161 - 180 of 1681 Posts