Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1621 - 1640 of 1681 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Does every Alfa just look better in Dutch Blue?:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
25D7BED4-1C32-4517-93A1-FAD1AC37D8F7.jpg

5AC09ED8-877C-4156-96C7-6398D134780E.jpg

3A078198-FA55-4756-8918-5D8F691A69A3.jpg

New addition - 1973 Giulia Super 1.3 joins my 2018 Giulia Ti Sport and several other vintage cars and a truck. I am learning a lot from this AlfaBB forum. Starting a refresh of the car by first replacing rusty floor pans, sills, etc. and a good cleanup of the engine bay and underside. Keep you all posted on progress.

Tom
Ft. Worth Area

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
There`s a certain simplicity and beauty about that old Giulia which to my eyes makes it the better looking car and I`d never considered the Giulia as beautiful before.....

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
There`s a certain simplicity and beauty about that old Giulia which to my eyes makes it the better looking car and I`d never considered the Giulia as beautiful before.....
It's interesting that you say this. I'd also always considered them to be homely little cars. Interesting, sure, but also homely. But they are also a good example of how tastes change over time. Even though I still think my 72 Super is unlovely---it looks like something out of a 60's spy movie---I think its intrinsic good qualities somehow always manage to shine through. I've had mine for a decade now and I continue to be srurprised at the responses I often get from complete strangers, especially women. Surprisingly, Supers are chick magnets! If only I had known this when I was 20!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Me too. I fought for ages to get one, my wife saying they were ugly and looked like an old Toyota - I think she meant the old "shovel nose" Corona of the late `60`s. Lucky for me my oldest son has the car bug - we own 13 classics , and wanted one.
My first wash of the car changed my mind. There are beautiful subtleties in the shape that you can only appreciate after washing one. I was an appreciator before but that first wash converted me to a lover. This was only reinforced once the suspension and brakes were overhauled,the sills and floor redone, and the correct 155x15 `s fitted and I went for a drive.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Most guys already had a commuter and/or family car first, so when they had some extra money, they wanted something sexy like a Spider or GT (except for the thrifty practical Dutch who bought Giulias by the dozens).

I think the sedans are "looking better" now that we are older and it is MUCH harder to drive longer distances and get into/out of a Spider or GT. The Giulia is what happens when aging baby boomers meet the 105 chassis. All the performance plus comfortable with good carrying capacity and visibility. And chicks do not think you are parading around with your ego and your unit in your hand like in a red sports car and they find the Gulia fugly cute and more approachable, even young uns. Retro is in.

PS: my 65 has Dunlops and 155's and readily drifts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
E37DB64D-D1B2-45C1-BA16-BC3C2934F797.jpg

I’ve migrated to these boxy, and perhaps some say homely, sports sedans since I was 16 years old. Our BMW 2002 fits that bill as well. While the 2002 is extremely competent, the Super is magical. It brings more smiles per mile than anything else we’ve driven.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
New Acquisition - 1964 Giulia Ti Super arrives in Miami from Belgium.
Beautiful car, Mark. We have friends in Belgium and NL. and there are a number of Alfisti from there on the bb. Can you tell us something about the background of your new acquisition? And, by all means, more photos!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Markivan,how original is the car? Does it still sport 1600 engine and Dunlop brakes? In some respects the ultimate Giulia, I`m jealous.
Alfanut,s just as well we`re not all the same. My `74 2 litre coupe (RHD with floor sprouting pedals) is the most comfortable car to get in and out of and drive, Giulia not far behind though. I`m 65, 6 2'' and a bit overweight and with arthritis. The flatter driving position suits me better and getting in and out equally as easy.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
My Duetto is the worst followed closely by my past 67 GTV and the Giulia is a vast improvement. I'd be crippled in either the spider or GTV if I drove as long as I can in a Giulia sitting upright. 6'2", 100 kg, but what works for you works for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Roy,

I swear that I am going to buy this car; someday...

Simply beautiful:)

Ray

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Whether I have seen pictures of these same Giulia Supers and TIs on this forum before or not, I love seeing them again in different "poses". Keep it coming boys!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Let's see, Roy; how much per week would that be with 10% down LOL

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Whether I have seen pictures of these same Giulia Supers and TIs on this forum before or not, I love seeing them again in different "poses". Keep it coming boys!
Seen this one yet? It's the season!!

Attachments

1621 - 1640 of 1681 Posts