Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1688 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Spirits,
Nice car, congrats!

Was this car sold in sydney in the last year or two? I remember seeing a real nice red one come up.

What’s the story behind it?

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was this car sold in sydney in the last year or two? I remember seeing a real nice red one come up.
I bought it just before Xmas. Northern NSW (Tenterfield ... hence the pic outside Peter Allen Motor Inn). Originally a Singapore car, it came to Oz soon after and was in Qld for most of it's life. I'm the 4th owner. Good history/original straight car that had been resprayed/bodywork done.

I drove up to see it in person, and glad that I did.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Vegas posted that we’re all polished looked really nice. Made it more subtle, less chunky imo then the blk/ silver. Prob could powder cost them chrome as well
Cool ute, was that an outback mod or did Alfa actually make this? Fun either way.

·
Australian Member
100 Posts
The Vegas posted that we’re all polished looked really nice. Made it more subtle, less chunky imo then the blk/ silver. Prob could powder cost them chrome as well
Cool ute, was that an outback mod or did Alfa actually make this? Fun either way.
Re the Alfa Ute. We built this one from a 2000 Berlina that was crashed by a potential purchaser during a test drive in about 1977. It is based on the ones that A R used at their test facilities at Balocco, which I photographed on a trip there in 1975.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
my new berlina since oktobre last year.

changed the footpump to a pushbutton, to work with an electric pump for the window washer

Did some work on the engine (alu carb mounts etc)
And some work on the fron suspension (koni, AH kit A, adjustable camberarms, goodridge brakehoses)

At the moment I am working on the rear suspension.
Still have to tune up the engine en place tinted 2000 berlina windows.

Loving it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congrats... sweet car!

I'm doing my front suspension at the moment and then need to do the rear.

I love the S2 steering wheel over the S1 Black 'plastic' one, so I swapped mine to an S2 (original stored away).

It is one of the prettiest interiors of any 105 series, if I do say so myself!

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Must be suspension month, I finished my rear and have the front torn apart
Took out orig shocks on all four corners, how does that even happen to not change shocks in 46 years?
crazy!
Should drive a whole lot better when done
Cheers

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here's my Next Big Thing; '69 US 1750, converted to single booster and Webers. It's cold here in Chicago.
Looks great - and good color scheme. Interesting to see that the center console looks like it is a S2 while the car is S1.
Mine is a S2 and has same center console but with hanging pedals.
And unfortunately with 2000 headlights and grille - but am planning on retrofitting the 1750 front when I find the headlamp frames somewhere.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Did my front suspension today. Not too aggressive, but def more firm than before. Once I get it on the road, I’ll get s feel for how it handles n go from there. Know I want to replace sway bar in front with a later spider version but rear is up in the air.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had to reread my post to get why you would say that. Up in the air means undecided. Not literally up in the air, but the decision to keep the rear sway bar is. Lol. Car is lowered front n back n is perfect stance wise. Cheers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
yes that is how mine is now
pics make front look a little lower, but adj front is easy
I left in the spring perches and added spacers on driver side to add .25" for driver wt
easy enough to put in spacers to drop pan down or go with AH 2.25" spring kit which is super simple to pull spring, adj and reinstall
it eliminates heavy alfa spring n lower pan, adds angle to reduce spring factor rate and adds a drop link connection for blade sway bar
have that setup on my GTV

good luck with your project
seems like a lot but worth it in the end

1601 - 1620 of 1688 Posts