Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1581 - 1600 of 1688 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
My "new" 73 Berlina I picked up in August, stripped it down for paint and now putting it back together

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Finally lowered

Here’s a couple of pictures. One from road trip in summer to Oldtimer GrandPrix in Germany at the Nurburgring.
The other is from autumn prior to lowering - and last one taken a few hours ago after fitting new bushes, springs and shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Tom,
Nice super. Looks exactly like mine - or how it was when I got it. Same year, engine (yes, solex) Faggio over tan with rubber mats as carpet. I've since done lots of work but still kept the colors. Send me a PM if you're interested in my resto-photo gallery. I'll be driving my Super back up from FLA this spring to CT. Perhaps we can meet up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
What springs did you use to lower it? Looks good. On my list to do once new wheels show up

·
Registered
77 Posts
2018 Berlina year

its been a long time since I was here. Latest addition is a 2000 Berlina that I bought in Sweden. (it was originally delivered there in 1972, driving most of its life in Norrland which is musquito land in summer and freezing cold in winter)
In August we had a special line up at Zandvoort at the Spettacolo for 50 years Berlina. Some 20 Berlina's in total turned up over the weekend. Picture 1
And in October we had a special 50 year Berlina tour. You see most of the Berlina's gathered here at the finish.
2018 was a real Berlina year!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some more of my Berlina.
Changed the carbs from 45 mm weber to 40 mm. Take up was very rough and only at 3000 rpm would it become smooth. Put in some NOS Carello headlights.
Shaped up the wood on the dashboard.
Next thing to tackle is the gearbox, 2nd gear syncro is non existent. Then put it on the rolling road to optimize.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I don't think it takes much expertise to realize that Berlina's are soon going to be The Next Big Thing. Berlina's are truly satisfying Alfa rides. The extra wheelbase, makes for great long-distance touring while the basic 105 suspension guarantees the kind of crisp handling we expect from our Alfas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think it takes much expertise to realize that Berlina's are soon going to be The Next Big Thing. Barlina's are truly satisfying Alfa rides. The extra wheelbase, makes for great long-distance touring while the basic 105 suspension guarantees the kind of crisp handling we expect from our Alfas.
And good ones are getting rare!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's my Next Big Thing; '69 US 1750, converted to single booster and Webers. It's cold here in Chicago.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love that color combo, faggio over tan. Looks like a proper well-sorted car. Are those Solexes?? Congrats. ROADTRIP!!!
Yep, Solex carbs. Seller had just recently had them redone. Pretty on the outside at least.

Here’s my 67
Nice!

Tom,
Nice super. Looks exactly like mine - or how it was when I got it. Same year, engine (yes, solex) Faggio over tan with rubber mats as carpet. I've since done lots of work but still kept the colors. Send me a PM if you're interested in my resto-photo gallery. I'll be driving my Super back up from FLA this spring to CT. Perhaps we can meet up.
PM sent, car looks great!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tarnow,

That berlina looks absolutely sweet!

is it beige cava?

it appears to be in great shape even the radio looks period correct!

nice ride.

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's my Next Big Thing; '69 US 1750, converted to single booster and Webers. It's cold here in Chicago.
Todd, Very nice find and spectacular color combination! I'm the Gary up in Washington state who was this close to ending up with your '69 Super before you and your daughter had a little fender bender in L.A. leading to your decision to hold onto it. I've had my Super that was shipped over from Belgium since 2007.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Mono Vega wheels look great on the Berlina. These are perhaps the best looking period correct wheel for the AR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2L ute had Vegas fitted from day one. Here's an old photo of it.
Never seen a Berlina ute ... that looks amazing. What a cool car !!!

I'm 50/50 about the Vega's. They're on there already but I'm considering either TZ or Gta replica's as it's a little tight on the rear (courtesy of the Momo's et23 offset). But as mentioned the car's new to me so I'll have a good look at all the underpinnings before thinking about a change of wheel direction.

Grateful that there's a lot of insight and experience on these forums to draw from.

1581 - 1600 of 1688 Posts