Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1681 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi all
I m french, i restore a nuova super and i'm looking for a picture of a nuova super with 15 inch gta rims.
Thanks you !

Jules
Hello Jules,

Here you go....this is maybe one of the latest produced Giulia Nuova Supers. Produced end of april 1977, and according to last chassis number produced ours is only 112 before.
Anyway the request was a photo of a Nuova with 15"GTA rep.

IMG]https://i.imgur.com/smVBjfv.jpg[/IMG]

set up is Alfaholics fastroad B-kit (185 is max on the rear) with some extra milling of the reardisc to avoid rubbing on the innerrear fenders.
And don't mind the dents and scratches, as it's a non restored Nuova in it's purest set up. Therefore it's wearing a "Squadra Patina" sticker on the frontfender. :wink2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello MIaGiulia,

Thanks for the pic !
I also set up a alfaholics kit B, i realize it's very nice result.
Mine is a 1976, in red, i c'ant post a pic :frown2:

Jules

·
Registered
509 Posts
At the South Miami Town n Country Cars and Coffee, beautiful weather and lots of cars. A very nice FIAT 1500, original paint from AZ. it was said that GTs could hit the 100k mark soon! I am skeptical, but then I don't know the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Returning home from the CaC I left the antique EE license on the car, on purpose. The guys at the CaC had mentioned that they leave the legit plate on the back seat and never any problem with old Alfas and the county pd. Well, as I was getting home a local cruiser pulled out of a gas station behind me and ......absolutely nothing happened, I was really expecting to be pulled over and asked for papers, but NADA. At least I know that if I forget to remove the show EE plate one weekend, nothing will likely come of it!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I was just organizing my blog about the 2011 trip made in the super from California to New York and came across this photo that I thought was pretty nice.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,012 Posts
Backatcha Fred. 05/2017.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Original Light switch from ganunez fitted and working.

A couple of months ago I bought an early light switch frame & bracket from ganunez (George), to replace an incorrect, made up switch bank that the previous owner had fitted, presumably as the original bank of three switches was missing.
I sourced the bank of switches NOS from Italy, and George kindly provided me with the stainless frame and bracket that holds the switch. Many thanks George !
See before & after pics below
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just not used to those white rocker switches......No fun to put in with the std cluster, maybe easier with your set up.
BTW looks like the top of the dash is painted white? Should be black crinkle finish, a lot less glare!

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just not used to those white rocker switches......No fun to put in with the std cluster, maybe easier with your set up.
BTW looks like the top of the dash is painted white? Should be black crinkle finish, a lot less glare!
Hi George, yes I can imagine it's a harder job to get in with the standard pod. Not too bad with the Ti Super dash.
Dash not finished yet, just bought some black vinyl to cover the instrument housing, the only two early Ti's I've seen over here are vinyl covered, not painted. Have to admit, when I look at some pics , some do look painted.
Do you know for certain which is right ?
(Painting would be much easier).
Don't know why some switches were black, and some were white, I've seen pukka Ti's and Ti Supers with both...... see pics below

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Steve, all steel Ti dashes have wrinkle finish, no vinyl..

That'e great JC ! Just saved me from fighting with a piece of vinyl .
I have a tin of wrinkle finish, so I'll get it flatted, masked off and sprayed up.
Many thanks for your help,

Steve

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Hi Steve, not really my business, but I would advise to take the dash out to paint it in wrinkle.. To get a good result you really need to put down cross layers of paint, and very important to get an even coat as the amount of wrinkle comes from the coat thickness.
It also helps to heat the surface with a heater to control the process.

Warm sunny days work best..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi JC, of course you're right, but that won't be happening I'm afraid.
The PO didn't recognise that the instrument top had to be black, and I thought they were covered in vinyl, so I thought it would be easier to cut a template on the car, transfer it to the vinyl and cut a pice, (which I've done).
But taking the dash out now would be such a rave and it would be easier to spray it in situ, albeit with a lot of masking.
I'm ok with wrinkle finish, use it quite a few times before, and like you say, hot sunny days are the best. I'll wait for one of those and get cracking.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Few more photos of 69 Giulia Super Biscione

I forgot to mention he added front seat belts which I am ok with, and actually I will eventually put similar ones in the back if I can.

I am sure I will be having some questions in the near future so thank you all in advance.
Bill

Attachments

1541 - 1560 of 1681 Posts