Alfa Romeo Forums banner

841 - 860 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is Laxman24's car, very special "under the skin". They are Alfaholics alloy GTA wheels. I do not know the tires.

The blue Super in the 4th pic is 185x14x70 Giislaved Speed 606 tires on 14x5.5 Turbina wheels. The Pino Verde car has 15x5.5" Heinbrand "TZ" alloy wheels with 185x65 Yoki tires. The Bianco Spino 65 is stock 15" wheels with Vredstein 155's - very spindly!!

Sorry for the sidebar here.
I know they are GTA wheels, but is it 14" or 15" and what size tire did he use.
185/70/14 or 195/60/14 etc.... just to know if there is any rubbing on the back. The car seems little bit lowered than stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you Gasolina. Are those 185/70/14 and your car is slightly lowered.
Did you have to do any modification on the rear wheel well? no scrapping right.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
John/Laxman24 is on here quite a bit and can, of course, provide more detail. The wheels are Alfaholics 15x7's with 185x65x15 tires. The tires are a bit of a stretch on 7in rims. Initially, due to the lowered Alfaholics suspension, the car had some rubbing issues in the rear which required shimming the back axel and machining a few mm's off the back sides of the wheels.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thank you Gasolina. Are those 185/70/14 and your car is slightly lowered.
Did you have to do any modification on the rear wheel well? no scrapping right.
Yes, they are 185/70-14 on 6x14Gta's and car is slightly lowered with Eibach springs. No any modifications on wheel wells and no scrapping, even with loaded car, but these are definately widest tires which you could put there without problems, there is no any more room..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, they are 185/70-14 on 6x14Gta's and car is slightly lowered with Eibach springs. No any modifications on wheel wells and no scrapping, even with loaded car, but these are definately widest tires which you could put there without problems, there is no any more room..
Thank you. Where did you buy the Eibach springs, seems like its lowered about 20-25mm.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I bought them from Alfa-Service, Germany. Original set lowered about 40mm, but I have 10mm nylon spacers on front end so it's very close 20-25mm less than original ride height. Also rear springs are modified, I have cutted two rounds off from there, originally rear end was really high, fortunately Eibach has some ”extra rounds”on rear springs and re setting is easy to done.
After these little modifications I have car with classic ”fast road” ride height and it handlings much better than original set up.
To be a honest I think there could be better spring sets on market, this is my three years evolution with Eibachs :) Thanks, Jorma

·
Supporting Vendor
4,406 Posts
Interesting how things get around... that's my Super. I took my daughter to C&C and she chose the Super over the other Alfas in the stable.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Interesting how things get around... that's my Super. I took my daughter to C&C and she chose the Super over the other Alfas in the stable.
Lovely car. Joe I hope my daughter has to make similar choices in a few years too! Which Alfa? Hmmm....:)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I found the photo when Keith Martin admired in on FB. It's a stunner!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,406 Posts
I found the photo when Keith Martin admired in on FB. It's a stunner!
That's nice that Keith liked it. It is a very fun Super. Not stock, or perfect by any means, just fun and cool (aren't they all).

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
It is a very fun Super. Not stock, or perfect by any means,
More Joe? I agree they're hard to leave alone when there are so many possibilities. What have you done to it? :)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,037 Posts
Just finished a 3350 mile trip in Y'urp with a Super. Great comfortable little cars (as long as it's not too hot). Perfect 105 for mature boomer bones. This one is coming home too, like the little green one last year..

Details HERE.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Great Car!! Any chance of getting some interior pictures. Putting mine together...especially the headliner.

Thanks,
Carm

Well, lots of Super news here. :eek: Roland has sold his benchmark early (Feb. 65) 1st Series Super for another fun couple of projects. :confused:

I've been sitting on this egg for a few months now and will pick her up at port tomorrow. An Aug. '65 First Series Super in nice condition. :) There are a few things to address but very few. Pics courtesy of Roland who assisted in the hunt. The two sisters are shown below visiting. We snared her before he decided to sell his. The torch is passed. But he insists he keeps his handle. ;) Roland you can drive this one any time . . just over here now . . . :)

More pictures here - LINK

And Carlo - you have shown us just how low we can go! Bravo!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,037 Posts
Carm, Thanks! We left on a trip several days after receiving the car. Back now for two weeks and doing lots of work on her. This is detailed in the LINK thread (here and above) where I make posts as I do work. There are some generic interior pics there but no details yet. I'd be glad to take any details you want and either post or e-mail them. It is the original headliner, door-cards, and carpet-set (blue). It appears the seats have been recovered in a material that is a close match but not the exact material, but a nice job. I have a new blue carpet-set on order from Paolini and perhaps someday the seat upholstery but there is more pressing mechanical work and "fettling" to be done now. On another (blue) Super I bought, the resto shop recently put in a new snakebite headliner. They said it was a beyoch but it looks very nice.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Ex-Factory 1974 .....

2009 Rebirth .. it now goes by the name of, " The FANGs II "

2.0 Litre Base / Hi-Comp Borgo / 45 DCOE / Shankel 10L / Head & Valve job / Electronic Dizzy / Accel Super Coil / Bosch 90 amps. Alternator / Twin-Fan Radiator / GTV 2000 Suspension & Brakes / 4.3 LSD / KONI / Stil Auto Wheels /

Enjoy !

841 - 860 of 1698 Posts