Alfa Romeo Forums banner

621 - 640 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
A few more. The last photo is for show only. The car will undergo a body and paint next winter.
Changed the very ugly and completly destroyed front and rear bumpers with a set from a 69' Berlina. Polished the paint by hand, not bad for sitting in the elements for almost two years. 30c in the summer and -30c in the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
You have done a remarkable job. It just goes to show that there are cars out there that are too good to scrap and even then there a lot that can be saved. I have just bought a '74 2000 man that is totally complete and unmolested allbeit RUSTY in all the right places and them some but a lovely beast. I will post some photos in the next few days. This thread has shown some , but there are more out there.
Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 1969 175 bhp Giulia 1300 Ti taxi!.........did the conversion about five years ago and Its very easy to drive with Its modified ninties electronics and engine management system,you should see the modern BMW drivers on the autobahn in Germany, when you come past at 130mph+ in a forty year old Alfa four door saloon!...................
Show more pics boet, more pics!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
My new toys

Some pictures of my new toys. 1963 TI 1600 cc engine. 105.14 series and a 1975 Super Station 105.26 series bodywork by Introzzi.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
You lucky man! What a great pair of rare Giulias.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Derek, I bought the TI unseen for US$2500 and it has a Colotti dogbox.
Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thank you Frank,
I don't know yet. They are working on the Promiscua and than they will start on the TI. I am not in a hurry. May be I will keep them in Europe for a while and have some fun next Summer going up and down the Swiss Alps.

Happy Motoring
Rob

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,037 Posts
Finally Home!!

I finally got my little jewel home after some looking, some waiting, a Euro 8000 mile tour, and then more waiting to get her home to the US! She fits well with all the greenery here! Just in time for the nice Fall touring weather. She shares the stable with her cousin, a red 69 roundtail. All we need now is the white coupe for the Alfa Italian Trifecta. Hmmmm. One more for the US Super Force. Hope to see you on the road out there somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Two Giulia's on this page who found a new owner and both Giulia's are comming from The Netherlands!!!! The Giulia with bodywork by Introzzi is saw some weeks ago at the garage of previous owner, when looking for a Giulia Sprint 1600. Looks like there are more and more Giulia's leaving the country to find a new home.:confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Leaving NL

Seems like a number of dutch hoarders have been grazing the Euro Giulia meadows and gathered the nice examples to NL.
There is a market for them and good examples fetch interesting money.
No wonder with the amount of dutch afficionados! (single biggest representation at the Centennial proves that again)

I am sorry to see them leave, really..
But if they get good homes, all the better for our children and grandchildren.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,037 Posts
Yes, you guys have done yeoman's work preserving and enjoying so many Giulia's (TI's and Supers) for a long while now. We truly appreciate it. Hats off for your honorable service indeed!! With over 500,000 made and only a handful having been imported to the US in 1966-67, and another handful since, we are trying to fill a serious gap in doing our share now. We probably still have under 500 here, definitely under 1000. In truth with the solid Euro, many good US cars (GTV's, GTV6's, roundtails notably) have been going that way now, so it's only fair that a few come back here to good homes - especially a few of these sweet little cars that we've been deprived of. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Seems like a number of dutch hoarders have been grazing the Euro Giulia meadows and gathered the nice examples to NL.
There is a market for them and good examples fetch interesting money.
No wonder with the amount of dutch afficionados! (single biggest representation at the Centennial proves that again)

I am sorry to see them leave, really..
But if they get good homes, all the better for our children and grandchildren.
Oh, ho! Now I get it, Joost. You're doing it to us again, aren't you? First it was all those tulip bulbs you sold us. We all thought they were scarce when, in fact, you had an indless supply! Now you're doing it with TI's and Supers.
I'll bet there are thousands---thousands and thousands!!---of Giulias tucked away by horders just waiting for some naive American come along. But your game won't work this time because I've already bought mine!

Crafty Dutch. :)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,037 Posts
Dang Jim, I was trying to be nice. ;) We may want another someday . . . And we were both hoping that those Super tulips here would now go up, up, up! But whether they do or not, they are fun, fun, fun.

See link. LINK1 LINK2

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jim's reaction

Jim, unlike tulip bulbs, we cannot replicate Giulia's.....

But you will not get mine. Too fond of it :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Dutch people were very clever in the 60's and 70's to like the Alfa's.
The American's rather were driving there big cars and didn't want to buy Alfa's.
As Holland is not a consuming world like the US back than, there are still a lot of Alfa's. But don't forget that the Dutch imported a lot of Alfa's out of Italy in the 80's and 90's on private basis.
But at the end it doesn't matter where the cars are going to. They are still driven by Alfisti. I happen to love the station and and I was the very first to react, bought it and have it restored in Holland. But I happen to live in the USA.

At the end we are all one family, aren't we.

Happy motoring.

621 - 640 of 1698 Posts