Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Jorma/Bob,

I think I only have one NOS vent for the LH side, but impending festivities and family visits mean that I'm unlikely to be anywhere near my storage for a day or three. I have never looked at one closely enough to see if the rubber seal is replaceable, but little projects and long winter nights go well together.

Alex.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks Alex. Here's one in pieces, a bit tricky process take it to parts, but possible. I removed roll pin first then pulled the knobb/valve out from back. Would be easier to do by removing louver panel from base plate, perhaps old glue give up with gentle heating.. Rubber seal at foreground, quite unique design.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,028 Posts
I have soaked the assembly in ArmorAll, etc., to soften the sea up, but without disassembling it. In colder climates, you could just plug the inlet off with a thin piece of plastic or rubber. Heck up there in Lapland your warm weather is like our cold weather down SoUS.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
The "grill" on the one on the right side is intact, the one on the left side is falling apart. Some previous owner-driver might have had size 12 boots.:001_unsure:

Sealing them off during the cooler drives will be another story.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,028 Posts
Many people have these switched L-to-R. They open by pushing in an arc ~30 deg downward, and close them by having your toe pull the lever up. When switched that is opposite and the arc, as seen in the pic above, is not a "natural" foot movement.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Time passes and again we had some logistically difficult days. Wife took our regular commuter and I was "forced" to dig out the TI. Took the spike wheels off and prepared it for summer. The thing was that I was going to carry 2 children so I needed to have one more seat belt. In front I have always had old 3 point belts but nothing in the back. Luckily this car is a former rally car and the 4 point seat belt shoulderbelts were attahed behind the rear seat. So I took old DC-9 seat belt and made a little bit more secure seat for a kid.

-k

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Some winter damage repairs and maintenance.
Almost all indoor window and door handles started to fall off one by one. Easy to fix since TI had loose screws just like her owner has.

Then there was the air vent issue. So I switched the one from right to left as Alfanuts informed us that they were misplaced. I was in luck since all surplus cars and parts that we had, had the left ones broken.
I opened one righthand side surplus vent and put it back together and installed it.

We had hard cold rain in one day February. I had the rear window blower and the heater blower on and I had a power outage. After restart the heater blower was out. Since the wiring goes through heater to the rear window and the rear window blower was working it had to be that heater blower was broken. We took one from later car and I replaced it. Replacing is a bit tedious job.

Last job was to wash the winter dirt and wax the TI. Looks a lot better and shines too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
As one can see the deco is in place. Also few other shiny bits.

My mother gave me a mother´s day gift. Yes, I know it is the wrong way. Check the headliner that she made in 8 hours (patterns, cutting sewing, fitting). I think she did a great job, do You?

-AS
what tipe of fabric have used?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Hi vassiris,

The fabric is wool with a hint of synthetic fibre. One cannot feel the synthetic fiber but it gives the fabric a bit more strength against stretching. Otherwise it is like the original (for example pattern and color).

-AS

181 - 194 of 194 Posts