Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,888 Posts
Jo27, sorry about my post on YouTube re bottoms on A and B pillars. Amazed that the coupes are so different in this area! I honestly don't understand why the Berlinas can be so much simpler and, I assume lighter, in this area and the coupes so over engineered. Heck the A and B pillars are some seriously thick steel on my 1750GTV!, but only thin panel steel on your Berlina.

Fascinating. I have edited my YouTube post so it won't attract negative attention to your great video.
Pete

·
Registered
Giulia 1.3 Super
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Pete,
thanks again for clarifying and no worries at all.
I’m not a car historian like so many out there, but one may not forget that Spider and GT had been built at Pininfarina and Bertone and I think that they had a mind of their own also in designing the cars.
All the best
Johannes

·
Registered
Giulia 1.3 Super
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again,
when I started restoring my Giulia I was contemplating about whether her doors are worth restoring at all or whether I should maybe look for another set of still used, but better ones. Eventually I came to the conclusion that mine aren’t that bad actually. 😆
There is one thing that almost all the doors I looked at had in common: the bottoms of the door frames weren’t brillant.
That brought me to the conclusion that a tutorial about how to fix them would be nice. So here you go:

All the best
Johannes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.